What's new

Treasure Hunter

Hello everyone, i'm trying to skill up a good Treasure Hunter for farming.
I was thinking

Archery ( no mage since it's expensive for now )
Tactics
Anatomy
Lockpicking
Cartography
Remove traps
Healing

This should be my template, what do you think? any suggestion?

And now some questions.
HOw much time and gold is needed to skill up cartography?, lockpicking?
Is this worth? thank you.

Use Cart on an alt. Frees up some skills. Cart is maybe 50K, 2 days of macro. Not sure on picking.

Treasure hunting is one of the more lucrative things to do. Guarnteed aspects and skill scrolls. Kind of rolling dice though as the T-maps sell very well also.

If you're looking just for tmap hunter I don't think that template will work well past level 3 maps. Also drop cartography and use it on an alt. Once the map is decoded anyone can use it.
If you're more after dungeon chests that's fine, but you'll want to go at least 110 lockpicking and remove traps, 80 healing, and replace cart with tracking for the damage boost and red alert.

For higher tier maps you'll want a summoner or tamer to take on the guardians while your lockpicker stands off to the side lines or assists a bit if you're comfortable playing two characters at the same time.

Nice template. I think it is better to run 2 separete chars to hunt ts. I Do that.
One has cartho/ detect/ item id. The other is mage sum/ lock / remover trap.

For solo tmapping I would suggest a dedicated thunter character and dedicated pvm character. My preferred has been to use my stealth/thunter to do the work on the chest and take the loot and I use a peace/summoner to control the pvm. I have had success with this up to level 5 solo, haven't attempted anything further.

120 carto
100 hiding
120 lockpicking
85 magery
60 mining (or med, or 30/30)
120 remove trap
100 stealth

But more importantly... what the hell is going on with your avatar photo?? C'mon!

Kilgu

Legendary
Nice template. I think it is better to run 2 separete chars to hunt ts. I Do that.
One has cartho/ detect/ item id. The other is mage sum/ lock / remover trap.
This also has the benefit of have a character that can decode lore pages without the need for expensive research materials

And yes, I agree that:

You should have cartography (at least) on a separate character... hard to have an all in 1 treasure map character. The build I listed does not (cannot) handle spawn timely. You need to burn the t map spawn ASAP to reduce exposure.

If you really don’t want to or feel that you cannot multi client, still have carto on another character, decode the maps, and use your preferred build to handle spawn and pick the lock.

It's almost not even multi-account depending on how you run it, I carto my map on one char, then I grab the map on my summoner, go dig it up, kill all the mobs, when they are dead, I open a gate to my house, run through, run my picker out, pick the lock, grab my loot and head home..