What's new

GUIDE Ultima Mapper

Ultima Mapper is an actively developed mapper program akin to UOAM.

You can locate it here http://ultimamapper.com/
You can locate and contribute to the Outlands marker files here https://github.com/Dirksmallwood/outlandsmapper

A group of beta testers have been working to get locations marked and ready for the general player base to utilize during launch and beyond to help familiarize themselves with a new map, places to train their skills, tameables, points of interest, etc.

If you need assistance, or are looking to help contribute please pm me in discord or in my pit #trash

If you are unsure what you can contribute here are some ideas
  • Simply utilize Ultima Mapper, verify existing markers are correct and appear in a way that makes sense
  • Report unmarked vendors, empty buildings etc
  • Tameable locations ( End game and training mobs for each level)
  • POIs
  • Caves / Tunnels
  • Teleporters
  • Dungeon Traps (such as muskeg and inferno bridges )
  • Level transitions in Dungeons
  • Entrance to mini boss / boss location
  • Faction points
  • Any others you may find useful
Things currently included :
  • Dungeon exit gates ( Sorted by type )
  • Dungeon Treasure chest ( Sorted by level )
  • Dungeon Entrances
  • Most existing npc vendors

Some examples:

1526336423013.png
1526336154508.png
1526336206101.png

Attachments

The Ultima Mapper Pack has been updated with the MONSTER SPAWN LOCATIONS!
- Every monster spawn in the dungeons and overland have been added!
- The monster spawns are displayed as icons, shown in the image above.
- Use it by download the Outlands Marker Pack + Ultima Mapper. Links are in the OP above.
- Download the entire package, or if you want to be selective, the monster spawns are in Monsters.xml, you need the icons as well in order to not crash.
- The icon priority follows this logic: Poisoner > Spellcaster > Specials.
- Poisoner and Spellcaster is determined by wether or not the monster has poisoning or magery skill.
- Specials are determined subjectively wether or not the monster has a special ability that significantly contributes to the fight.
- AOE is determined wether or not the monster has an AOE ability.
- Icons for a TRAP (not shown) is a white skull on black background.
- The mouse-over name will display many parameters relating to the monster, including name, slayer group, hit points, poison level, minimum taming etc.

Monster tiers and stats are currently not updated! However spawn locations should be mostly correct!

New Player Dungeon:
Ossuary:
The Mausoleum:
Aegis Keep:
Nusero:
Inferno:
Darkmire Temple:
Pulma:
Mount Petram:

To-Do List:
- Monster tiers and stats are currently not updated! However spawn locations should be mostly correct!

-Correctly classify mobs as Special attacks or AOE.
- Marking dungeon up/down levels.
- Marking overworld teleporters.
- Special icons for stealthed mobs and for neutral mobs.

Other comments:
- It's set up so changes can easily be made, to spawn locations, icon assignment, mouse-over-text etc.
- By request I could seperate the markers based a lot of different factors, such as Dungeon, Tameables, etc.

Helping out!
- If you want to help out, contact me. I would very much like help with determining Special Abilites and AOE.
- I would also need help mapping out the POI:s if anyone has time for that.
- It's quite easy to gather the information, but it needs to be saved in a very specific format so that I can enter it into Excel.

History:
- 180811: Updated all tameables. Added missing areas of Mt. Petram. Added wilderness spawn in snowy area (probably static).
- 180726: Final check on all POIs + included a few that were missing. Adjusted Nightstalker to new stats. Added the new mobs in Prevalia Zoo.
- 180725: POI:s and all overland spawns added.
- 180724: Released initially. Dungeon spawns included.

Last edited:
This looks awesome! Will there be a way to toggle monster icons on/off? I think “normal” mob icons could clutter the map in certain situations.

This looks awesome! Will there be a way to toggle monster icons on/off? I think “normal” mob icons could clutter the map in certain situations.
Yes, you can select which markers to show in the menu of Ultima Mapper, and toggle some to be off if you want. The marker files are basically just *.xml files that contain a name, an icon and a position. If you look in the gitHub, there's Alchemists, Blacksmiths, Moongates etc. This one is called Monsters.

Doesn't clutter it up too much anyway, if you have a decent zoom level. The pictures above are pretty zoomed out.

Outdoor spawns/Points of Interest are now also included!

What remains to be done with them is doublechecking, and I probably also missed a few of the static overland spawn. -> Have now double checked and also added a few that are missing. There are probably not many, if any mob locations missing now. Report them to me if you find them!

Example (warning, very large image):

Last edited:
Thank you guys, hope you enjoy.

Did a final update now on POIs + fixed some stat errors (citrine elemental does not have 600 poison resistance, FYI).

Anyway, what I can really use help with is to check special abilties and AOE. This is bascially done by just farming the mobs and seeing what the do. If you do that, I would appreciate if you cover one entire dungeon or one entire set of mobs, to make it easier to work together.

The criteria for special abilty is:
- Has to contribute significantly to how hard the fight is. I.e. goblins throwing smoke bombs or wolf hounds charging might not qualify, but a mob dealing bleed attack probably would. Have to be a bit selective here since almost all mobs have some sort of special attack.

The criteria for AOE is:
- Any AOE that deals damage or any AOE that feels like it adds significantly to the fight. Most AOE effects should fit these criteria.

A good rule of thumb is, if you didnt even notice the ability or the AOE and barely can tell what it does, it's probably not significant enough to add.

Anyone explain exactly how to get this installed and working with UO:O? I keep getting an error that says the map needs to be updated and to restart the client. Even after a restart I just keep getting that same message.

Anyone explain exactly how to get this installed and working with UO:O? I keep getting an error that says the map needs to be updated and to restart the client. Even after a restart I just keep getting that same message.
Ask in Discord. Not sure exactly what problem you're running into. It will try to update a lot of times, I think it applies each subsequent patch in sequence rather than as one big dump.

There have been some recent updates (as in like 15 mins ago) to both mapper and the files in the github, along with new instructions on how to setup, which should make the process simpler

Can anyone help with instructions on how to get a server up and running for it? Cause I got the server files downloaded but it errors out saying cant find a data base and stuff.