What's new

void heal proc rate seems odd

Not sure which random timer method i uses but i noticed at t2 and t3 (4-5%)...

a. often doesnt proc for 20-40. should proc closer to 1/15 -1/20

b. often when it does proc it procs 2-3x within 5 swings.

anyone else observe this? it seems very streaky.

suggestion: have it save procs if your health is over 90hp/90% so they proc when your health drops from large hit/spell.

Last edited:
probably needs larger sample size feedback from today only counting hits and not 1/5 misses or so.

1/28 hits
1/18 hits
1/40 hits
1/13 hits
1/35 hits
1/30 hits

average 4%
void: 4.75% proc rate

its close, will need to keep testing after vacation.

That's RNG mate, each chance is independent of the next, sometimes I'll proc 2 aspect specials in a row, other times go 30 min without seeing one...

if two in a row are common and streaks are common, statistically that would indicate a bug with the random / rng logic. after doing a log it seemed normal rng. I will do more when I get back.

Similar to "miss streaks" people complain about when testing swings with guildies . at 50% rate missing 3-4x in a row should occur but not often due to exponential odds. (.5 * .5 Repeating should be super rare... 1/2 chance is the norm. then 1/4 2nd miss, 1/8 3rd ... 1/16 and so on. if its 1/64 chance to miss 5x in a row but this happens a ton... that would indicate an issue with rng)..

some random methods use a small random table and are not truely random. some are simply math and its bad luck from rngesus.

A while back they switched monster loot to hardware rng to fix issues with an older random logic (im iffy on exaxt details) as an example.

Last edited:
after saying all that it's probably fine lol just small sample size

for specials that are super rare like 1/100 it should be rare they occur back to back 1/100 ^2.= 1/10000 chance. if this happens once a day or week that would indicate an rng issue as sell.

if it happens 3x in a row or close to 3x in a row 1/100^3 = 1/1000000 chance and should be super rare.

Last edited:
ya i think its just angry bad luck. im on vacay and probably will write stuff down out of boredom. in dnd you do 100 shake tests, even that is a small sample size. my super small sample size was within reason as well, probably need to light a candle to rngesus

After more testing the void heal proc rate is often close to 1/20. however it often procs a second time within 1-3 swings which mathematically should be rare 1/20 * 1/20 = 1/400 chance. (.0025) , it happens maybe 10% of the time. I rarely am healed at T4 when I need it so that can make it "Feel worse" than possibly mathematically it is.

however the 1% chance proc rate for doom is even more odd. out of the last 20-30 times, i have had a "doom > swing/swing/swing > second doom" occur 3x in 2 days. The math on that is 1/100 * 1/100 = 0.0001 or 1/1000 chance. It is odd to have a rare event happen frequently (if it occurs 3x in 30 attempts aka 10% of the time... it should be more like 1/100000 chance of this happening 10% of the time).

often the weapon proc is closer look at the 1/200 instead of 1/100 but a second proc is within 5-10 swings.

If this is using software rng/dice rolling, possibly it needs to use hardware rng similar to the monster loot change a few months back (may be speaking out of my butt here). Thanks!

Last edited:
Not sure which random timer method i uses but i noticed at t2 and t3 (4-5%)...

a. often doesnt proc for 40-80 hits or even 100+. should proc closer to 1/15 -1/20

b. often when it does proc it procs 2-3x within 5 swings.

anyone else observe this? it seems very streaky.

suggestion: have it save procs if your health is over 90hp/90% so they proc when your health drops from large hit/spell.
I have observed with command it very often procs multiple times in a short period. Seems odd enough to warrant some investigation for sure.

5 void heal procs in 6-8 hits ... 1/20 * 1/20 * 1/20 * 1/20 * 1/20 = 0.0000003125 chance of happening

it did save my arse though because i was trying to screenshot it while not trying to die :)

1563369710611.png

Attachments

Last edited:
I just activated void on a new template and didn't realize how big the heal is! It seems to be a full heal no matter what? IMO it should be drastically reduced and the proc rate drastically increased. Small mini heals every few hits would be much more useful than a huge one (or not because you are almost full health) rarely.

its 75 and occurs less than once every 20 hits until higher level. u will be dead if u rely on it at all
Yeah, ah well. Sadly the amount of times it's going to make a difference will be few and far between. That's probably why I had a lot of aspect stuff needed to activate it lying around.

I'd like to see it either changed to be much smaller heals at a higher rate or (and maybe this is too op) that it procs and banks the proc until you hit 0hp, then fires it off. Like a cheat death mechanic. Only let it store 1 proc but that would still be way more useful for a tanking aspect set.