What's new

Weapon hits too powerful?

Curious what the community opinion is on some of the large weapon hits that are possible on this server that I haven't seen on previous. I've seen hally hits as high as 49 damage, but I believe others have experienced heavier hits. This means that if the target is weakened you can potentailly kill them with either two hally hits or a hally hit + a flamestrike.

IMO the max damage hits are a little rough and should be scaled back a bit. Any build that can one shot you within a fraction of a second I see as a problem.

EDIT: For those insinuating I'm not wearing armor. I have been hit by a 49 damage hally hit in full GM leather armor

Last edited:
Overall dexxers have the disadvantage in pvp, especially in group fights. Mages can sync dump and cross heal. And hamstring, which would have been the only reason to choose a warrior over a mage in group fights. All big group pvp actions are dominated by almost all mage groups. Thus I think any other template shouldnt be nerfed.

ive only been pked by mages , 3-4 times solo and the rest 3vs1 (0 resist is rough on stealther)

havnt seen a 50 damage melee hit. in guild tests hits were small if armored and 2-3x higher if naked (20-30)

maybe they had vanq?

if you take hally hits of 49 i suggest you to wear armor
I'm in full GM leather armor. The weapon the person was using was an agapite bardiche. I was also hit by a 46 damage hally hit in full GM leather armor in an order duel where we were both wearing only GM exceptional weapons.

I mentioned to Luthius and he said that it is "unlucky, but it can happen". I'm not here to debate whether it can happen, because it can. I'm curious to see if people think it should be able to happen (Taking a 46-49 damage hally hit while wearing full GM leather against a weapon that costs less than 1k gps)

imo, absolutely it should happen, it's already near impossible to kill someone 1v1, you have to string together several full damage hits in a row to even come close.

Your also wearing the armor with the lowest AR, not even magical armor, consider what invulnerable would give you. Also when you cast protection, you gain a bunch more AR, which helps to stop those big hits.

imo, absolutely it should happen, it's already near impossible to kill someone 1v1, you have to string together several full damage hits in a row to even come close.

Your also wearing the armor with the lowest AR, not even magical armor, consider what invulnerable would give you. Also when you cast protection, you gain a bunch more AR, which helps to stop those big hits.
I don't really have problem killing people 1v1 unless it's a poison dexxer. I agree with protection. I may test that out to see how much it helps, but my guess is not very much.

I very much disagree with the invulnerable armor comment, because the weapons I'm saying are powerful are not of the same rarity. If you were saying "wear invul armor to prevent the damage from the vanq hally" I would be on board. I have been hit for 46 damage from a GM iron hally against another hally mage

I wear armor don't have an issue.. what was your AR when you got hit like this, also do you have resist?? Because a Hally Hit + FS does not kill you.
Yes it can. If you're weakened, and have the right build you can do 89+ damage with a hally and flamestrike instantly. I guess my point is you should not be able to 2 shot somebody with a hally if they are weakened with a GM iron hally against GM leather. Agree to disagree I guess.

Overall dexxers have the disadvantage in pvp, especially in group fights. Mages can sync dump and cross heal. And hamstring, which would have been the only reason to choose a warrior over a mage in group fights. All big group pvp actions are dominated by almost all mage groups. Thus I think any other template shouldnt be nerfed.
The people who have hit me this hard with halllies are mages FYI. They have damage oriented builds, but they are certainly 100 25-35 90-100 builds with 80+magery.

Last edited:
In this case it seems to me you have problems with insta hit more than big weapon hits. Flamestrike+hally is an immense burst which can easily followed by another spell if you are running on foot. I died to it more than once. Balancing around groups, arena and solo play are 3 different things but I would personally liked if non-magery builds had a wider range of usefullness.

Most of these mages are probably running 80 tracking so they will have 8% more PvP damage than any other server. That could be putting them over the top.

mage damage is already considerably low, the 8% extra damage, or even 20% damage mage builds, still doesn't make them competitive in 1v1 PvP situations generally, most people shrug them off... as Thinkman said, it's really the bursty effects of Hally + FS, but they both have to hit for max damage, and you have to not resist them, for them to hurt you enough for a follow up spell to kill you..

I've never ever taken 89 damage from those two together, I've also never let myself stay debuffed at 89 damage, because that's silly..

I think it is fine. People are already hard enough to kill as it is. I wish people were easier to kill TBH. You have to roll so good to kill someone, and almost no one dies 1v1 if both players are competent. The only way anyone reliably kills someone 1v1 is because they run them out of cures with lethal poison. The other way is big halberd hits that hamstring after someone has been weakened down to 89. But even those are hard to pull off if the other person has any skill at all.

There are other methods like using stealth pets etc, but I am talking about PVP in the normal sense.