Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Player housing
From talking to Owen, I understand player housing on Outlands will work like this:

50+ pre-made, custom designs (created by Owen) for players to pick from, in addition to the classic and UOR houses from OSI. Additionally, I believe there will be a few 'prestige town houses' - a few buildings within each town that can be awarded to, or purchased by players.

A couple of other discussion points though:

1. Houses per player/account?

2. Player-made custom houses. I know from speaking to Owen, he's against them, but my preference is: Allow them, but make them prohibitively expensive. I know the reasoning behind not allowing player-made houses - people placing empty plots and ugly boxes. However, the most important thing about a shard is having sufficient players. Lots of players like custom housing. Allow it, but make them at least twice the cost of similar sized pre-made houses.
(04-19-2017, 03:00 PM)clx Wrote: From talking to Owen, I understand player housing on Outlands will work like this:

50+ pre-made, custom designs (created by Owen) for players to pick from, in addition to the classic and UOR houses from OSI. Additionally, I believe there will be a few 'prestige town houses' - a few buildings within each town that can be awarded to, or purchased by players.

A couple of other discussion points though:

1. Houses per player/account?

2. Player-made custom houses. I know from speaking to Owen, he's against them, but my preference is: Allow them, but make them prohibitively expensive. I know the reasoning behind not allowing player-made houses - people placing empty plots and ugly boxes. However, the most important thing about a shard is having sufficient players. Lots of players like custom housing. Allow it, but make them at least twice the cost of similar sized pre-made houses.

1. 1 house per account. 

2. At the moment we are not planning to have custom housing available at launch, but it isn't "off the table" completely.  In exchange we're hoping that the 60+ houses available to choose from, including some very large 30x30 designs will satisfy even the hungriest of home owners.
RAVENOUS
You can view the selection of new houses here: http://forums.uooutlands.com/showthread.php?tid=91