Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONNECTING: UO Outlands IPL (PATCHER)
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR FIREWALL/ANTIVIRUS MAY INTERFERE WITH THE IPL - PLEASE DISABLE IT BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO CONNECT TO THE PATCH SERVER. 

Required Details:
Login Server: play.uooutlands.com 
Port: 2593

You MUST download the server files to play Outlands as the world is highly customized!  Follow the instructions below: 

Download Link:
Download the UO Outlands IPL. (Install, Patch, Play) 

STEP 1: DOWNLOAD & INSTALL LAUNCHER
Download and install the UO Outlands IPL. (OutlandsUO.exe).
You may have to disable certain aspects of your browser security or anti-virus protection to run this.
We recommend right clicking and launching in “Run as administrator” mode if you’re having issues.
[Image: DKAqvO0.jpg]

STEP 2: CHOOSE YOUR FILEPATH. 
By default, the installer will find your Program Files directory and install into a directory named Outlands Ultima Online. We recommend you leave this in place. 

[Image: 2s9Sdqa.jpg]

STEP 3: DOWNLOAD/PATCH
Once you choose the filepath/directory for install, the program will begin to download the required files from our server.   The patcher will automatically install the latest map and art files, in addition to Steam and Razor.  Please note that this can take some time depending on your internet connection as the total initial installed is approx. 1GB.  Subsequent updates will be much smaller. 

[Image: sBGT1WL.jpg]

STEP 4: PLAY 
Once the download is complete, a message saying "OPERATION COMPLETE" will be displayed.  
You can login to Outlands using your chosen assistant - Steam or Razor, or directly from the client itself.  The icons displayed below "INSTALL, PATCH & PLAY" are interactive and will launch your assistant of choice.  (UOS, UO or RAZOR, as displayed below.) 

[Image: rSHVxae.jpg]

STEP 5: CONNECTING NEXT TIME
We recommend launching the game via the IPL everytime.  The Install will create an shortcut on your desktop called "Outlands" which will launch the patcher and automatically check with the server for updates.  If you're having any issues, we recommend right clicking and "Running As Administrator." 

STEP 6: CHOOSE YOUR ASSISTANT
We’re recommending Steam for those who are unsure of which to select.

These programs assist you in logging into Outlands as well serves as an improved utility for managing hot keys, macros and other functions within the game.

You will have to point Steam to your Outlands Ultima Online client.exe and directory.
(It should be, by default, located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Outlands Ultima Online)

Enter in our server information on Steam:
Login Server: play.uooutlands.com 
Port: 2593

Your UOS login window should look something like this, with your file paths reflecting the Patchers installation: 
[Image: S9nl3P2.jpg] 

Simply enter your desired account username and password and your account will automatically be generated.

Important:
Enable "Negotiate features with server." 
Disable "Reduce CPU usage." 
[Image: S8DBHyu.png]

Increase your game window size to 1100 x 720.  Anything beyond this and you will begin to notice graphic errors. 
[Image: VVORkPF.png]
Trying to open the IPL (OutlandsUO.exe) results in an immediate crash "Outlands Ultima Online has stopped working". Windows vista, running as admin and tried using winXP compat.
(11-05-2017, 04:42 PM)CosmicSlop Wrote: Trying to open the IPL (OutlandsUO.exe) results in an immediate crash "Outlands Ultima Online has stopped working". Windows vista, running as admin and tried using winXP compat.

Hey CosmicSlop - what point do you get to? 

Unfortunately our IPL isn't compatible with Windows Vista (which was released in 2006), but I believe this is a User Account Control issue.  You could try to disable UAC by going to Control Panel -> Users & Accounts -> User Account Control and select Disable. 

You can message me in Discord if it's more convenient for you.

Thanks!
Owen
(11-05-2017, 05:01 PM)Owen Wrote: Hey CosmicSlop - what point do you get to? 

Unfortunately our IPL isn't compatible with Windows Vista (which was released in 2006), but I believe this is a User Account Control issue.  You could try to disable UAC by going to Control Panel -> Users & Accounts -> User Account Control and select Disable. 

You can message me in Discord if it's more convenient for you.

Thanks!
Owen

It's not the UAC and it is indeed Windows Vista. It's an old PC I use solely for UO, and I noticed UOForever's launcher crashes as well, but I can do a manual install there and everything is fine. Is there going to be a manual install option come launch?