Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pvm Testiing - General Feedback
General Feedback

If you have any feedback that isn't specific to one of the PvM Templates being tested or a particular dungeon, you can place it in this thread. Include screenshots if applicable!
I'd like to see the gold amounts of most of the higher-end mobs bumped up a solid amount here, the scaling of it seems near perfect from what I've seen but the gold amounts do seem really low and low gold creatures just means it's more annoying to grind. How often mobs drop lil bonus stuff like green scrolls and the purple scribe ones also seems a bit low to me personally but I could just b unlucky or its intended. Would like to see more magic weps drop too
I found the MOBs good. the AI good.

Things to improve:
- Gold drop amounts
- Drop rate for magic items? i honestly didnt get any magic item from all i killed.
- After killing the BOSS, maybe a golden gate could come up, so we can leave from there
You are welcome.
To piggyback on Firedog, maybe a portion of the gold could also drop "champ spawn" fashion in places all around the arena.
I'd like to see some relevant PvM testing areas for new characters. I have no intention of hiding in a box training before I PvM and the content tested thus far has been primarily for "built" characters, unless I'm missing something.

I REALLY like the gold drops though. Decent amounts but nothing excessive. I pulled a magic axe of some sort (never IDed it) after battling down a about 1000g worth of mobs. Increasing gold drops before there's even an economy in play is a major risk. Make it easy now and it will be cake later. Make it hard as players can stand now and it'll still be a decent bit of work later. Please, no easy money.

Disagree completely with any suggestions for gates popping after killing bosses. If you can't take the heat of a return trip, stay out of the dungeon or bring a party.
(09-05-2017, 01:27 PM)Blaise Wrote: I'd like to see some relevant PvM testing areas for new characters. I have no intention of hiding in a box training before I PvM and the content tested thus far has been primarily for "built" characters, unless I'm missing something.

I REALLY like the gold drops though. Decent amounts but nothing excessive. I pulled a magic axe of some sort (never IDed it) after battling down a about 1000g worth of mobs. Increasing gold drops before there's even an economy in play is a major risk. Make it easy now and it will be cake later. Make it hard as players can stand now and it'll still be a decent bit of work later. Please, no easy money.

Disagree completely with any suggestions for gates popping after killing bosses. If you can't take the heat of a return trip, stay out of the dungeon or bring a party.

Agreed, gold should be hard to get. I'd love to see people trading other things as currency.

If you want gates out of dungeons then Trammel is this way >>>>>
- Mob density is too low. Add patrolling mobs. Double up on a lot of the melee mobs or pair them with casters. Add more mobs that have special abilities like the embalmer. Add more low level trash mobs to the first level of the dungeons.
- Gold drops is all over the place at the moment, not sure if you have any grand plan for balancing gold vs difficulty.
- High level mobs dont drop good magic items.
- Consider adding back the spawn/wave system of the champions to differentiate them from the bosses, it's pretty cool.
- Also consider adding waves/sequentials to just regular rooms, i.e. you clear one room, the next time it spawns there will be more mobs or maybe one harder mob added to it/sequential packs. To make the dungeons feel a bit more alive.
- Most of the dungeons can be soloed with peacemaking, so consider ramping up the difficulty on certain levels if you want parties to go for it more. It would obviously be more fun if the harder mobs had some sort of skill to beating them, so consider making more special mobs "pseudo"-boss skills.
- Paragons arent golden colored.
- Would be cool with more dynamic events, like for example if the champion/boss is alive in Ossuary, you will randomly be attacked by his stealthed henchmen, or occasionally a patrol of two phoenixes and a lot of lion warriors will clear through the dungeon. In the "blood pit" room in Ossuary it would be cool, if you killed enough monsters in there, you will summon some ultra-powerful blood elemental from the sacrifice, etc. You get the idea. Take it to this next level to make it interesting for parties.
- Other than that, melee skills seem just like they usually are, it's about optimizing damage while keeping minimum survivability. Nothing new here when it comes to PvE farming.
1) For us that like to play with Light Levels I would like to be able to equip a torch in a slot that doesn't interfer with anything else and that you can cast spells through. Also the torch radius to be a bit larger. Alternatively that players have a light radius. Also, need night sight potions back.

2) Tried the Forgotten King and he was a bit of a pushover to be honest, I have ideas on how to make it more interesting. The room itself didn't feel very dangerous either since you can pretty much idle down there safely and there's an ankh.
So some feedback on Aspect armor, so far It seems pretty good but some criticism i see and agree with atm is that the 24hr cooldown mechanic is a bit much, i'd like to see it be replaced or lowered to around 3-12 ish hours instead (6 hours preferred imo). So if you die one day late at night, you can still use your armor tomorrow when you play the the afternoonish.

The aspect durability depletes too fast. From my own personal side i'd like to see that weapon effect chance be increased a bit, not to make them super op and so much better than other weapons, but just to make it cooler and more satisfying to use em, even if it means the effect doing less damage. I'm a fan of flashy effects personally lol.

XP rates seem kinda slow, I personally wouldn't mind seeing the first like 5 levels being not very difficult to get to and all further levels start to get the grind going, just so you're not stuck at the mediocre level 1-5 for a while lol, this was from around 2 hours of testing 4 different armors tho, if you dedicate yourself with 1 suit it might not be as bad.

Overall i think it's a good system that just needs to be tweaked, its fun and looks nice. I think in its current state it's pretty much fine, I haven't tried every armor type but they all seemed fun, I don't have any input on how they all play yet cuz it's kind of annoying to make em in the test and can't adjust level yet, looks dope tho
Bug 
Spent a few hours playing with Aspect armor, from the standpoint of most DPS as a solo dex monkey. I'll give you my thoughts on the system, the differences between the useful sets to melee as I see them, and a few possible bugs.

1. Possible bugs:
    • When upgrading valorite armor/weapons to aspect, they seem to keep the extra 8% tactics and extra armor tag. With iron plate lvl 10 aspect I'm at 100 AR, with valorite I'm at 120. However the weapon does not boost me to beyond 125% tactics, I did notice that when the weapon ran out of charges instead of reverting to GM valorite (118%) it reverted to just valorite without exceptional (108%). I'm not sure what the intended behavior is.
    • When mismatching the weapon aspect to the armor, I seemed to get benefits of the weapons native armor set bonus's (at least procs). An example is void weapon with earth armor gives you void armor stat restore. I did not extensively test that function, it may be just that mis-match pair.
  2. Aspect balance:
       I approached the balance from a damage standpoint rather than a defensive standpoint, and in a solo context. Void armor only offers defensive stats for example, which doesn't have any special synergy with an armslore lumberjacker while water armor does. The highest DPS weapons are two-hand axes due to the nature of the special weapon bleed. Bleed is another weapon hit over ~9 seconds with 3 ticks (I know skill summary says 20% ticks over 15 seconds, atm it is different). You can treat it as a critical hit chance to do double damage.   This double damage gets buffed by disarms more damage modifier, further widening the DPS difference from maces 50+(50-targetarmor)% damage bonus. Everytime something increases your damage bleed gives you the most out of it by double dipping. This is why I rank the melee damage aspects in this order:
    • Earth
    • Air
    • Water
    • Fire
  3. Reasoning
          Don't be fooled by the numbers, Air may say 15% weapon speed but because of how it is calculated it becomes 19-20% more damage, beating out water's 15% more damage in the form of 15% more bleeds. For example a halberd swing goes from 3 second swings to 2.5 (it doesn't say in the Stats Profile gump, had to figure out swing timer on my own by use of a 'tap for beats per minute' tool) and a double ax goes from 1.794 to 1.5 weapon swing. Comes out to 20% and 19.4%. Earth's secret weapon for the damage is double dipping its 20% chance to do double damage with a bleed. 20% chance to bleed and 20% chance to crit is 4% chance to quad damage. So if I'm not mistaken that is 64% normal attacks, 32% procs of double damage, and 4% chance of quad. Which is 144% damage, 20% attributed to bleed, 24% attributed to earth armor. Fire is not that great, the flamestrikes have no interaction with bleed. They do quite a bit of damage, I'm not saying the fire armor sucks. They just don't fit in this build, fire's flamestrikes are best suited for fencing which is best suited for group cripple stacking.   The only differences in the weapons are the special effect, and the special effects are great bonuses but you just are not going to get them that often. The scaling for special effects percent chance to swing speed doesn't seem to be linear. What I mean is if you go from 1.79 to 3 swing speed you'd have to get almost twice the proc chance, but you only get around ~25% more proc chance. This is one thing air has going for it over earth, the increased swing speed has a natural self synergy with more Tempest procs. I may be wrong about this, I can only go off what the stat profile says. It seems to match up with my observations though, I've seen the most Tempest procs.   Overall the balance between them is in a good state, I think the nuances will be lost on most people and they'll decide what is best by feel and not really be able to tell the difference. The damage is very swingy and it is really hard to tell what exactly is going on, and then suddenly a special effect does 600 damage and throws off your damage tracker. The choice priority changes based on what you are doing. Earth is the best damage wise, but I would rather have water in practicality because of the free potions. Cutting your potion cost in half is a big deal. Water is unique in that it extends your backpack capacity, it is essentially generating gold every time it returns a potion to you, and it increases your healing by 20% which is like adding 20% magery to your greater heal, or maybe even more than 20% to your healing/anat depending on how it calculates bandages, or 40% to your alchemy skill for heal potions. Trading in 9% damage is a very fair trade for those utilities, but to be fair I didn't cover earth and airs 20% melee resist/15% dodge. If money is no object and you want the best performance earth is top tier in my opinion.
  4.  Competing systems
         I have not yet compared the performance of a 25% tact / 25% accuracy greater slayer. Some people have said if aspect is better then whats the point, or if the old stuff is better then whats the point of aspect gear. There is clearly utility aspect sets that matter, even to dexxers (water, even void for the tin can heater shield punching bags of the group). There is also the eldritch/command/lyric sets or the more niche poison/shadow sets. Also the 1 bless per 24 hours! We'll see how long it takes for someone to find a 25/25 greater slayer and if it ever gets any use for fear of being lost! There is a place for both gear, and if rarity is balanced well so there are no gaps I don't think anyone will complain. I think the biggest complaint will be 'I'm too poor to afford my aspect gear/aspect level up!'
  5.  Rarity
        My only concern for rarity is for charging them up, sure does seem like a lot of charges get used very fast. The biggest offender is all armor using up a charge at the same time. It doesn't make much sense to me for the armor itself to be charged. Not only does it clutter up the text when you click on the aspect gear but it creates the problem of having to drain 7 pieces of gear at the same time. It might be a programming nightmare, but putting the charges on the character's aspect mastery gump so you're just charging and draining from the character would solve some headaches and confusion for players while also simplifying the balance of how many charges you should get from smelting magic weapons.
  6.  Proposals
        Most of what I would change is cosmetic. I want to be able to more easily tell what is happening. When fire armor flamestrikes a melee attacker it could be a different color flamestrike. Both of the procs should be different from flamestrike spell animation just so you know whats going on. The Scorch special making an outline on the aoe would be helpful, but I understand making that look nice would be difficult and time consuming. I wasn't sure if the effect followed your character, I didn't move around much. The earth double damage could use a better visual indicator, I mostly rely on the sound or just the higher damage. I really like the Frostbite effect for water aspect, I'm not sure how close the visual is to the AOE but the closer the better. Earth and lightning specials have fine effects, the nature of their instant momentary effect does not necessitate a way to gauge the AOE. Other than those few cosmetic tweaks... I don't really see anything out of order in the system in what I've played with.  The aspects balance offense/defense in a way that corresponds with what skill builds you would choose for those purposes. The only thing that seems out of control possibly is void aspects healing for 75 health/stam, not to mention the voiding 10% melee/spells. 3 or 4 parry fencers with void aspect cross healing could probably take on all content. I don't know how much damage Doom does but with stacked cripple buffs you'll have more chances to proc.
    im still going to make a tamer