Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
manually unequipping before targeting/casting needs to go
hey,

having to manually unequip weapons before casting or targeting spells needs to go. it adds enormous delay for people with high ping.
imagine 2 ppl dueling, Player1 has 50 ping player2 has 200 ping.

with manually unequipping:
Player1 needs 100 ms to cast/target while heaving a weapon equipped.
Player2 needs 400 ms to cast/target while heaving a weapon equipped.
300ms difference

with automatic unequipping:
Player1 needs 50 ms to cast/target while heaving a weapon equipped.
Player2 needs 200 ms to cast/target while heaving a weapon equipped.
150ms difference
Did this get looked at?
I support auto-unequipping to cast but I feel like you should still have to manually unequip before tossing the spell. Adds just a bit to the skill ceiling in duels.
I think we should probably try this and see if it makes a difference for the higher ping crowd. Can't say how much of a difference this would make offhand without seeing it.
As long as it doesn't give an even bigger advantage to lower ping players I'm down for whatever makes the most amount of players happy.

No mounts is great ping balancer that at one point seemed like a crazy idea so maybe this is something that will become ubiquitous.
just to throw it out there while people are on the subject of evening gameplay for different ping levels. If when you initially click a spell it asks for a target on the player side and then when u decide the target then the spell casts; that would even ping issues up quite a bit. Instead of 2 delays of cast spell delay, then choose target delay. its just 1 delay of "cast spell on x target". In addition raising the minimum casting time on all spells so an individual players lag delay is a smaller % of the overall casting time of the spell.

ie if a spell takes 50seconds to cast and a person has a 1second lag delay, then it really doesnt make that big of a deal overall.
but if a spell takes .5secs to cast and a person has a 1second lag delay then thats the difference of 1 player casting 3 spells in the time it takes the lagged player to cast 1 spell... a big gameplay difference.

anyways dont expect these to be implemented, just game balancing design strategy talk
push.
[UnequipOnCast is implemented. It is a toggle. 

For more information regarding commands, Paperdoll -> Help -> Commands.