Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Murderers and Resurrection
Bounty hunters, paladins or whatever shouldn't be incentivized by powerful items. Keep it simple.
[Image: 7fOQWvK.png]
I definitely think the third tier buyout should be significantly higher, if the counts are being wiped to 5.

Also agree that if any paladin type shit ever hits, there should only be incentive to claim the 'cost' of that murderer's penalties or a portion thereof.
Unique clothing items perhaps, but otherwise that's it.
I think first options gold penalty should be removed since 24 hours of wait is a good enough punishment for poor pks. On the other hand, I agree that 3rd needs to be bumped up.
Very cool system.
[Image: lBlHFLQ.png]
seems like a fair system, not hurting my char skills etc.

im a solo pker and one main thing comes to mind.

any death knocks me out. means i should probably run with a blue healer instead of solo. its a harsh world Wink

i was expecting luthius to buff solo pks and nerf group pks from all the posts and his opinions on other shard forums etc.
do i really need to stealth pk? aww hell no :/
(10-04-2017, 05:00 PM)Dewderonomy Wrote: With the gold sink element in place, is there any thought as to making it possible for bounty hunting? Like half the gold sunk goes to the killing player?

I think this should be implemented.  If blues can make some money killing reds, they may do it more often, which will give reds more people to fight.  It also opens a good opportunity to create a guild of PvPing blues that hunt reds. It could also help control the inevitable zergs.

It also seems like an easy way to make a bounty system. The more counts the murderer has, the more money that the killer will get. There's an incentive for killing the most ruthless reds.

If this was implemented, i think reds should not be able to receive gold for killing another red.
In all past experiences we can recall, bounty systems have been exploited. We're not going to have a bounty system on Outlands.
(03-23-2018, 10:16 AM)Owen Wrote: In all past experiences we can recall, bounty systems have been exploited. We're not going to have a bounty system on Outlands.

Yeah actually i could see how even that could be exploited.  If i had 1k counts i could have a friend or an alternate char kill me, receive the bounty, and then give it back.   which means id essentially be paying only half the intended penalty AND resetting my counts.
^ Nailed it. Wink
(03-23-2018, 10:16 AM)bob Wrote: Yeah actually i could see how even that could be exploited.  If i had 1k counts i could have a friend or an alternate char kill me, receive the bounty, and then give it back.   which means id essentially be paying only half the intended penalty AND resetting my counts.

I mean there are easy work arounds to this with a little critical thinking. 

It would be nice if there was some sort of mechanic in place to discourage pking noobs.   
Maybe if a players skills or stat totals are less than "x", then the PKer receives 3 counts instead of 1.