Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boss Doorways
I propose that all cheese tactics to kill bosses are nipped in the bud before we make any more changes to their difficulty.

How about this: Each boss has an energy field in the doorway of each boss room. You can cross this doorway from the outside with no restrictions, and you can't cast from outside of it. But when you cross it, you can't cross it again to leave for 1 minute. After the 1 minute timer you can't cross it within 20 seconds of doing any type of damage to the boss or any of the adds, including poison and bard procs.
Not sure on the specifics of it, but I do agree that any methods used to skirt the real challenge of a boss mob, should be dealt with sooner, rather than later.

I recall on ehhh, AC maybe? There was some necro something or other boss that you could just step into the room, drop damage and bop back out before death. Heal up and repeat until it's dead.

The room had all kinds of fucked up traps or something that made it extremely difficult but that's the point. I'm fully on board with anything that requires team work, especially on a larger scale than a 2-3 people.
Well I really dislike these arbitrary rules, but the problem you describe is real since the most effective way to kill a boss with low man-power is usually to cheese it at the entrance. UOAC2 solved it pretty nicely by teleporting the player a bit into the boss room when they entered. Since there's so much staging room before the boss on this shard, you could for example fill a lot of the staging area with hard mobs that will attack you if you run back... or the teleport thing.
I vote for one way teleporters to the boss room. You leave either as a ghost through a ghost-only gate or you beat the boss and an exit gate appears.
No reason to go into a boss room unless you're there to fight the boss.
(09-29-2017, 06:44 PM)Kilgu Wrote: I vote for one way teleporters to the boss room. You leave either as a ghost through a ghost-only gate or you beat the boss and an exit gate appears.
No reason to go into a boss room unless you're there to fight the boss.

One reason to enter a boss room is to PK the players trying to kill the boss, leaving as a ghost would make that pretty silly.