Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PvM Testing Patch 10-7-17 1am CST
Patch Notes

Spirit Speaking
The mechanics for Spirit Speaking are now as follows:

PvM
- Chance to cast a Charged spell against creatures is increased by (10% * (Spirit Speaking / 100))

PvP
- A summon created by a player has a (66% * (Spirit Speaking skill / 100)) chance to ignore another player's Dispel/Mass Dispel effect cast against 

- A player casting Dispel on their own creature has a 100% chance to dispel it

Spirit Stones
When a player makes a successful Spirit Speaking skill attempt, they have a chance to gather the spirit energy from nearby corpses of creatures that they had a hand in killing; i.e. creatures that they dealt damage to themselves, or with tamed / provoked creatures. 

In order to gather spirit energy, the player must have an Empty Spirit Stone in their backpack, they must be within 12 tiles of any corpses they wish to draw from, and they must use the spirit speaking skill within 2 minutes of that creature's demise. For each valid creature in range, the player has a potential chance to convert an Empty Spirit Stone into one of the following: a Lesser Spirit Stone, a Spirit Stone, or a Greater Spirit Stone.

The chance for a player to receive Spirit Stones and the strength of the spirit stone created is scaled based on the player's Spirit Speaking skill, the difficulty value of the creature, and the percentage of damage that the player dealt to the creature before it died.

If a player activates a Spirit Stone (by double clicking it), when that player casts Summon Creature, Summon Daemon, or Summon Elemental(s) the resulting creature will receive a bonus to it's summon duration and it's stats and skills, and will take less damage from Auto-Dispel effects (i.e. known as Dispel Resist)

Spirit Stones have a limited number of uses before they break as well as a time limit before they break. Players will be notified with a sound and message when any Spirit Stones in their backpack break or expire.

Spirit Stones are as follows:

Lesser Spirit Stone
  • Minimum Spirit Speaking skill need to harvest and to activate: 60
  • Number of Uses : 5
  • Time Until Expiration: 24 Hours
  • Summon Duration: Increased to 300 Seconds
  • Stats / Skills Bonus to Summons: +10%
  • Dispel Resist: +10%
Spirit Stone
  • Minimum Spirit Speaking skill need to harvest and to activate: 80
  • Number of Uses : 5
  • Time Until Expiration: 12 Hours
  • Summon Duration: Increased to 450 Seconds
  • Stats / Skills Bonus to Summons: +20%
  • Dispel Resist: +20%
Greater Spirit Stone
  • Minimum Spirit Speaking skill need to harvest and to activate: 100
  • Number of Uses : 5
  • Time Until Expiration: 6 Hours
  • Summon Duration: Increased to 600 Seconds
  • Stats / Skills Bonus to Summons: +30%
  • Dispel Resist: +30%

Summoned Creatures
  • Summoned Water Elementals now have +10% Dispel Resistance (i.e. take 10% less damage from Auto-Dispel Effects)
  • Players can now view how much damage (relative to their max hit points) their summons will take from Auto-Dispel effects in the Animal Lore gump window (even at 0 Animal Lore skill)
  • Blade Spirits, Energy Vortexes, and Summoned Creatures / Elementals / Daemons can no longer be provoked (similar to tamed creatures)
  • Blade Spirits, Energy Vortexes, and Summoned Creatures / Elementals / Daemons now have the same limited Discordance and Pacification durations as tamed creatures

Skillgain
  • Huge overhaul of skill gain rates for all skills (including crafting skills)
Items
  • Newbied items inside of non-blessed containers will now drop to the player's backpack upon resurrection, instead of staying in the container and ending up on the corpse
  • Newbied items inside of newbied bags (which will now become starting items) will now stay in their original container and not end up on the corpse on death
Health Bars
  • Health bars for players should now visually display the exact percentage of health of the target, instead of appearing off by about 4%
Crafting
  • Rebalanced the skill and resource requirements for some carpentry items to make for a smoother skill-gain path from 0 to 120 carpentry
  • Add-On Deeds have been rebalanced in terms of their required skills and resources needed and now exist in the crafting menu for all skills required for them (i.e. the Forge Add-On Deed appears in both the Blacksmithing and Carpentry crafting windows)
  • Added Magical Wizard Hat to Inscription crafting menu
  • Added Full Spellbook to Inscription crafting menu (takes 173 blank scrolls and 24 arcane scrolls)
  • ms
Rename Your Character Window
  • The "rename your character" gump now has been overhauled
  • Players may no longer add numbers into their name in this window
  • Players are frozen in place until they select a new valid name
Poison Potions
The minimum poison skill needed to attempt and maximum poisoning skill needed to have 100% success chance when applying poison potions are now as follows:
  • Lesser: 0-40
  • Regular: 40-60
  • Greater: 60-80
  • Deadly: 80-100
  • Lethal: 100-120
Poison Spell / Poison Field Spell
  • The minimum poisoning skill needed to qualify for chances at Deadly Poison is now 80 (% chance to get deadly poison is still same as before, however)
Arena
Restructured the default rulesets as follows:

Balanced Duel
Allows 2 Control Slots, 10 Trapped Pouch Uses, 5 Heal Potions, 10 Cure Potions, 15 Refresh Potions, 3 Explosion Potion Uses, and 3 Poison Potion Applications

Mage Duel
Unlimited Trapped Pouch Uses and No Potions of any kind

Dexer Duel
Unlimited Trapped Pouch and Unlimited Potion Usage

Tamer Duel
Same rules as balanced duel, except 5 Control Slots Allowed

No Restrictions Duel
No Weapons / Armor Restrictions, Unlimited Trapped Pouches, and Unlimited Potion Usage

Aspect Items
  • The Eldritch Weapon Special Effect will set that player's summon time remaining to 10 minutes regardless of it's base summon max duration
  • The Water Aspect Armor potion effect should now work correctly with explosion potions
Misc
  • Fixed an issue where some human NPCs (such as in Ossuary) would sometimes not play sounds upon death
  • Arcane Spellstones (newbie starting item) have been renamed to simply "Spellstones"

[Image: 2FWxWzV.png]

[Image: U482F9u.png]

[Image: Pp9w933.png]

[Image: pYQOPdw.png]

[Image: yi9EvEa.png]
(10-07-2017, 02:47 AM)Luthius Wrote: Spirit Stones
When a player makes a successful Spirit Speaking skill attempt, they have a chance to gather the spirit energy from nearby corpses of creatures that they had a hand in killing; i.e. creatures that they dealt damage to themselves, or with tamed / provoked creatures. 

[Image: 745r4c7981tx.gif]
[Image: 7fOQWvK.png]
Some thoughts:

- I think that more skills should affect summons. Trying to play a full summoner and using all your skills efficiently feels a bit forced at the moment. For example, perhaps magic resist could also buff your summons. Eval int for increased damage or increased mana? Inscription to give your summons a higher chance to cast charged spells? Etc, etc.

- There are too many skill cooldowns when you're playing a summoner right now. For example, I chose Discordance and Herding. Both require to wait 10 seconds between uses. And then there's Spirit Speak, Meditation and Magery as well. I would suggest to change it so that focusing aggression with Herding doesn't trigger a skill cooldown (just an item action when clicking the staff), and that using a spell with Magery doesn't trigger a skill cooldown either.

- Chance for elder versions of summons should probably be increased, seems very low right now, alternatively maybe you could use one entire spirit stone to get an elder summon (breaking it). Lesser spirit stones basically end up being trash otherwise.

- I'd like more effects when sucking the spirits from corpses, its easy to miss the green sparks, I thought it wasnt working at first.

- I would prefer if there was a lower % chance to get a soul crystal, but a higher % chance to get a higher level one when using it on higher level mobs, if that makes sense. So for example, maybe the base chance of getting a soul crystal from a corpse is 1/15 or 1/20, but the level of the crystal will be pretty consistent depending on the mob type, for example a lich would give a normal soul crystal in 95% of the cases, or an elder vampire count would give a greater stone in 95% of the cases. Does that make sense? BUT THAT BEING SAID, the chance to get a soul crystal at all right now seems super low! People probably don't want to farm for 30 minutes or so before they get their first crystal! So perhaps these crystals should last even longer (48 hours for all of them?).

- I didn't find a way to cancel the use of a spirit stone.

- Not sure if dmg from summons are counted towards your chance to get a spirit stone?? Seemed easier to get them while on a melee char.

- Overall I think summons should be more powerful / more frequent spell casters. Can't compete with a peacemaking dexxer atm.
(10-07-2017, 06:44 AM)ViolentBeard Wrote: Some thoughts:

- I think that more skills should affect summons. Trying to play a full summoner and using all your skills efficiently feels a bit forced at the moment. For example, perhaps magic resist could also buff your summons. Eval int for increased damage or increased mana? Inscription to give your summons a higher chance to cast charged spells? Etc, etc.

- There are too many skill cooldowns when you're playing a summoner right now. For example, I chose Discordance and Herding. Both require to wait 10 seconds between uses. And then there's Spirit Speak, Meditation and Magery as well. I would suggest to change it so that focusing aggression with Herding doesn't trigger a skill cooldown (just an item action when clicking the staff), and that using a spell with Magery doesn't trigger a skill cooldown either.

- Chance for elder versions of summons should probably be increased, seems very low right now, alternatively maybe you could use one entire spirit stone to get an elder summon (breaking it). Lesser spirit stones basically end up being trash otherwise.

- I'd like more effects when sucking the spirits from corpses, its easy to miss the green sparks, I thought it wasnt working at first.

- I would prefer if there was a lower % chance to get a soul crystal, but a higher % chance to get a higher level one when using it on higher level mobs, if that makes sense. So for example, maybe the base chance of getting a soul crystal from a corpse is 1/15 or 1/20, but the level of the crystal will be pretty consistent depending on the mob type, for example a lich would give a normal soul crystal in 95% of the cases, or an elder vampire count would give a greater stone in 95% of the cases. Does that make sense? BUT THAT BEING SAID, the chance to get a soul crystal at all right now seems super low! People probably don't want to farm for 30 minutes or so before they get their first crystal! So perhaps these crystals should last even longer (48 hours for all of them?).

- I didn't find a way to cancel the use of a spirit stone.

- Not sure if dmg from summons are counted towards your chance to get a spirit stone?? Seemed easier to get them while on a melee char.

- Overall I think summons should be more powerful / more frequent spell casters. Can't compete with a peacemaking dexxer atm.

You edge closer and closer to making summons better than tamers and no one is going to bother playing a tamer if that happens. Why should I drag around pets when I can just summon them when I need them, and not be concerned if we get seperated/etc.

This is my biggest concern about continuing to buff summons.
I dont think its anywhere close at the moment. I played for 2-2,5 hrs, I only found one regular soul crystal. Summons are pretty weak compared to most other things. Your summons can be dispelled, vs tamed pets not being dispellable. Your tamed pets can be used vs champs/bosses/higher level mobs, while summons will be insta dispelled. I don't think taming is threatened.
After considering it some more, I think it could be simply best to make the soul crystals: 
1) more rare, 
2) option to consume entire 5 charges to summon an elder version 
3) will not decay.

After playing around with them I strongly doubt there will ever be a huge surplus of soul crystals even with these changes, especially if the lesser ones are made a bit less common (which they can be if they don't decay, and they will be consumed a lot faster if you have to use them to summon elders (and the elders from lesser crystals would only last 5 mins)).