Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stealing problem
This is actually a pretty major bug. The 10 second timer on stealing is starting at the wrong point in the skill usage. 

It seems to start the second I hit the stealing hotkey. This makes it so that I can:

1. Target the item I want to steal.
  2. Get my stealing crosshairs up
  3. wait 10 seconds
  4. Go to steal the item
  5. Then, if I fail, immediately hit the stealing macro again for an instant second attempt at stealing the target. 
    This is going to result in some rage quits when the thief targets something worth a couple million gold... You want the cool down timer to start after the actual attempt to steal the item has been made.
This guy gets it.
[Image: 7fOQWvK.png]
Working as intended surely. No need to gimp thieves.
I believe this is how it worked on OSI and other servers I played on. The double steal is annoying but not sure if its really a bug.
I always felt double-steal was bullshit and should start the delay on the action, not the trigger of the skill.
Can I get a double-swing or double-use of a special hit for some weapons too, that'd be super cool....not.
(10-12-2017, 10:33 AM)Kilgu Wrote: I believe this is how it worked on OSI and other servers I played on. The double steal is annoying but not sure if its really a bug.
I think that's true, yes; technically not a "bug" but imbalanced nonetheless. Unfortunately, the way OSI/EA "balanced" this mechanic was not to change when the timer triggered (at stealing, not at skill use), but rather introduce Trammel and item insurance.
[Image: 7fOQWvK.png]
I've seen some shards use similar behavior for skills such as Provocation. I believe in the spirit of balance and Outlands and all good things and wamp wamp that it should work like the rest of the skills.
(10-10-2017, 08:37 PM)Kadull Wrote: This is actually a pretty major bug. The 10 second timer on stealing is starting at the wrong point in the skill usage. 

It seems to start the second I hit the stealing hotkey. This makes it so that I can:

1. Target the item I want to steal.
  2. Get my stealing crosshairs up
  3. wait 10 seconds
  4. Go to steal the item
  5. Then, if I fail, immediately hit the stealing macro again for an instant second attempt at stealing the target. 
    This is going to result in some rage quits when the thief targets something worth a couple million gold... You want the cool down timer to start after the actual attempt to steal the item has been made.

DONT TAKE AWAY MY DOUBLE STEAL!