Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who runs this server
I am in interested in trying out this server, but am wary of new servers because of bad experiences in the past.

Do the people running this server have high intergrity?

Currently I play UOR and Telemon has great integrity and I trust him completely not to play favorites or give free crap to people, etc.

What do we know about the people who run UO Outlands?

Also, if I play outlands, I am going to continue to play UOR.  Will me installing uo outlands affect my ability to run the UOR client?  If so, then I will never download UO Outland files.

Thanks
i run outland

am best uo maker

Kidding, but Owen and Luthius are the 2 crazy people makin the server. If you're familiar with the servers An Corp and Rel Por they both had big parts in those. I played on An Corp and was floored by all the impressive coding and crazy from Luthius, so I would personally reccomend on that level. On terms of integrity, iv never heard Luthius or Owen give out free stuff or pick favorites really from my time on an corp. They're very transparent on whats going on and have communicated a lot, I reccomend joining the discord ( http://discord.uooutlands.com/ ) if you wanna talk to em personally

Installing Outlands files wont affect your UOR files, as its a separate client and launcher. You can swap between the two very easily with Razor/Steam
Same person who run Bartertown
Hi Mad Hatter,

Welcome to Outlands!

The server is being developed by Luthius and myself.  Luthius is the programmer/developer, and I am the world builder.  We have a lengthy UO history and have been involved in a handful of longterm freeshard projects including An Corp and Rel Por most recently, with combined 38 years of UO experience.  We're huge fans of UO foremost and passionate developers who are working diligently to bring Outlands to life.

I'm glad you have found your current server situation to be fulfilling and the staff there to be trustworthy.  Obviously every shard strives to maintain a high level of professionalism; some achieving this to a higher degree than others.  

Please feel free to login to Discord and strike up a conversation to get to know us better.

You can play both shards simultaneously as the files have nothing to do with each other.

I hope to see you around,

Owen
I can assure you Luthius and Owen are very trustworthy developers. As Owen said they've been part of very large and successful servers prior to this project and have earned their respect from the community.

As for playing on multiple servers; The installer that they have created will download a separate installation of UO, all of the custom patch files, and Razor/UOSteam in 1 convenient package. It is one of the cleanest installers I've seen for custom servers.

I think if you try this server out you'll be hooked by all of the amazing work that these two have put in.

Hope to see you on the field,
(10-12-2017, 11:38 AM)Mad Hatcher Wrote: Also, if I play outlands, I am going to continue to play UOR.  Will me installing uo outlands affect my ability to run the UOR client?  If so, then I will never download UO Outland files.

Thanks

Just install a fresh copy and patch over the new game instead of your current.
[Image: lBlHFLQ.png]