Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Harvesting
Harvesting

[Image: HYs2oXo.png]

System Summary
  • Players harvesting via Lumberjacking, Mining, Fishing, or Lockpicking Treasure chests are prompted with a Captcha every 5-10 minutes
  • Players cannot continue harvesting until they have passed the Captcha
  • Players who fail 3 captchas in a row are locked out of harvesting for a duration based on their number of previous offenses
  • Smart Harvest system allows players to target themselves with a harvesting tool and automatically harvest from any nearby "harvest node" that has resources remaining
  • Boards, Leather, Ingots, and Fish are all normalized to weigh .1 stones each
  • Hatchets and Fishing Poles now have "uses remaining"
  • Players can double-click harvested resources to convert them into their crafting resource if they have a proper tool in their pack (i.e. convert logs into boards, raw fish into fish steaks, ore into ingots)
Captcha

[Image: 2VtDfxy.png]

Players harvesting resources through Lumberjacking, Mining, Fishing, or Lockpicking treasure chests will be prompted with a Captcha once every 5-10 minutes.

The Captcha requires the player to match three symbols via tumblers.

[Image: hbFCkAb.png]

Once the player has matched the symbols, they will click "Okay" twice to confirm their selection.

If they correctly match the symbols, they will continue to harvest as normal and will not see another Captcha for another 5-10 minutes.

If the player closes the Captcha window, it will cancel their harvest attempt. 

Attempting to harvest again will bring up the same captcha prompt (i.e. seeing same symbols as before). 

Similarly, if a player logs out and logs back in, and then attempts to harvest again, they will be prompted with the same captcha as encountered before. Ultimately, players will have to pass the Captcha they are given in order to be able to harvest.

[Image: AsKoMCI.png]

A player is allowed to fail the Captcha twice, however they will be penalized if they fail a third time.

[Image: FE8bF3c.png]

[Image: Mr7jNYY.png]

When a player fails a Captcha a third time, they will be Blocked and restricted from any form of harvesting for a set duration depending on their number of previous offenses.

Harvest Block Durations are as follows:
  • 1st Offense: 6 Hours
  • 2nd Offense: 24 Hours
  • 3rd Offense: 1 Week
  • 4th Offense: 30 Days
  • 5th Offense: Permanent
[Image: YobhoWE.png]

Smart Harvest

[Image: 9nvMOCU.png]

The Smart Harvest system allows a player to click on themselves when harvesting to automatically search for and harvest from any nearby available "resource nodes" related to the tool they are using.

For instance, a player who is Lumberjacking can continuously on click on themselves to keep searching for nearby trees that have logs available for harvest.

[Image: N0RIn1O.png]

Once a player has exhausted all nearby "resource nodes" they will receive a message informing them that no nearby resources are available nearby.

Lumberjacking

[Image: HYs2oXo.png]

Lumberjacking is now exclusively performed with Hatchets, which have a limited number of uses before breaking.

[Image: L80ot4R.png]

Players will obtain logs from Lumberjacking. 

If the player has a hatchet equipped or in their backpack, they can double click any logs in their pack to immediately convert them into Boards.

Boards weigh .1 stone each and all Carpentry crafting recipes use Boards (instead of logs).

[Image: XclQXK3.png]

Mining

[Image: NBXGciz.png]

Mining is now exclusively performed with Pickaxes which have a limited number of uses.

[Image: YpyobWG.png]

Players obtain Ore from Mining.
Players can double click any Ore in their backpack while next to a Forge to immediately convert them into Ingots.

[Image: dtRFqYj.png]

Fishing

[Image: Cb54jMY.png]

Fishing poles now have a limited number of uses.

[Image: 16kVcPr.png]

While players can pull up a variety of unique items from fishing, the majority of which will be Raw Fish and Large Raw Fish.

[Image: VLFjDh3.png]

[Image: MrqA23I.png]

If players have a bladed weapon in their backpack, they can double click Raw Fish and Large Raw Fish to immediately convert them into Fish Steaks and Fish Fillets respectively (which are used in cooking recipes).

[Image: tV7pfdz.png]

[Image: dNbzLaL.png]
I hope you have a testing session for harvesting, because, as someone who enjoys playing a crafter/harvester, I would appreciate it if the constant gumps do not ruin the experience for regular players just to kill bots.
Good stuff, me like! Smile
Crafter, role-player, frequent PvP target, and Beard Bro for life (*tips hat to Papa Carl)
For MINING

Maybe add some swings before gathering the ore. The way it is right now i think is weird/fast.

So instead of 1s/gather, i would add like 3 swings and gather more ore at a time.

Ex:
3 Swings animation, Consume 3 Uses , Gather 3 times the current amount.

I think like these, look and feel less robotic and lighter on the server.

Big Grin
You are welcome.
(04-30-2017, 09:11 PM)Luthius Wrote: While players can pull up a variety of unique items from fishing, the majority of which will be Raw Fish and Large Raw Fish.

I'm grinding out a new fisherman right now, starting with 50 skill.  After almost 3 hrs (time it took to exhaust my first fishing pole), I've only pulled Raw Fish and Large Raw Fish; no "unique items" at all.  I would have expected at least a pair of boots by now :Tongue Are "unique items" only available when fishing "deep water," or will they start becoming available at skill 65 and above (as with other harvesting materials: ore, wood, leather), or has it just not been turned on yet?  Also, is there a list of "unique items" that a fisherman might pull (bones, shells, etc.)?
Crafter, role-player, frequent PvP target, and Beard Bro for life (*tips hat to Papa Carl)
I think the single swing cycle for mining is just fine. It's actually fairly enjoyable when you cycle it in macro because your character changes directions most every swing.
(01-21-2018, 01:07 AM)Blaise Wrote: I think the single swing cycle for mining is just fine. It's actually fairly enjoyable when you cycle it in macro because your character changes directions most every swing.

I agree.  I'm calling it a night after grinding a beginning miner for 4hrs, 45mins (skill 50-95.9).  I will finish him up tomorrow and complete my progress/time table.  On macro, he swings around like he's being attacked by hornets, which I rather enjoy :Big Grin