Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Notes/Findings/Random Thoughts
Just a quick correction to last; I mentioned that a lumberjack can start pulling Dullwood at 60 skill, but it is actually at 65 (as is the case with all gatherers).  I just hit 65 at 11 hours, 23 minutes and pulled Dullwood 7 minutes later.  I will have a more detailed write-up when I hit skill 70.  Thanks!
Crafter, role-player, frequent PvP target, and Beard Bro for life (*tips hat to Papa Carl)
[Image: X9GC6vk.jpg]

Final update for this go-around: Reached Lumberjacking skill 70 in just over 19 hours.  Not a lot to report, other than skill gain slows down noticeably the higher you get.  Also, only a few minutes after reaching level 65, I was pulling Dullwood.  Only about 5% of the wood pulled was colored, but getting it right away was a good boost to moral, considering it is a long, slow grind.  Just wanted to make sure folks were aware that adding Lumberjacking to their Swordsmanship build will take some work before they can really reap the benefits of added damage.  Thanks, and happy adventuring!
Crafter, role-player, frequent PvP target, and Beard Bro for life (*tips hat to Papa Carl)
On a related note, the 48k boards I harvested raised my carpenter from 50.2 to 77.2; a solid day's work.
i noticed healing is very slow to raise.
i hope the wilderness will be full of sheep as the only way to get gm healing moderately soon is by macroing all night long.

why is tactics pointed down on your dexer? Tongue
Ya, healing is really slow; I was watching it very closely since I was fighting a lot of ghouls before I was level 60 (as you know, at 60 healing/60 anatomy, you can heal poison, and nearly every ghoul will poison you) Smile I don't mind the slow climb though. Also, I picked lore over tactics I suppose because I felt I needed the boost to durability-loss resistance. Durability is a real factor, and I needed to save as much gold as possible (having to buy less equipment is a plus!) It increases the chance for me to cause bleed, so it was a fair deal I thought. Smile

[Image: 7vkyOKk.jpg]
[Image: eI6efs1.jpg]
[Image: okAj0Sr.jpg][Image: 8FROm9f.jpg]
[Image: Dw1fZzh.jpg]
[Image: nsOsOfe.jpg]
[Image: rUHkVez.jpg]
[Image: 4H9u8Lt.jpg]

Something a little different.  I cleared Level 1 of each of the 8 current dungeons to get an idea of loot, and thought I'd share.  Some of the "low loot turnout" is due to the small size of some first levels.  

My primary takeaways:

Ossuary is a good beginning dungeon that a player can opt for after the newby dungeon, or if they are willing to risk it, as a beginning dungeon.
Mount Petram had the best loot, but is rather difficult.
Mausoleum is a good, mid-level, consistent farming atmosphere; for the ambitious it would be a good second dungeon after the newby dungeon.

I plan on doing the same thing with Level 2 for each dungeon, but that might take a while :Smile Stay tuned!
PARAGON CHESTS:

Some folks were wondering if the difficulty for cracking Paragon chests scaled with their rating (Lesser, Regular, Greater).  The answer is, currenlty, yes!  Luthius is currently re-working Paragons, but I thought I'd provide a quick note on how things are right now, 18 April, 2018.

I've maxed my Remove Trap and Lockpicking skills to 120, and am using Valorite Picks and Trap Tool; pretty much the very best chances you can hope for to pick these chests.  Lesser Paragon gave me a 57.5% chance, Regular Paragon a 32.5%, and Greater Paragon is 7.5%.  These percentages do not change as you progress through the trap and lock, they will stay the same throughout the process.  Hope this info is useful to someone, thanks!

[Image: hkoh5Tn.jpg]
[Image: bljb9LN.jpg]
[Image: QGiY4Cb.jpg]