Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PvM Testing Patch 2-16-18
Patch Notes

Factions
  • Faction Struggle Locations added for Outpost and Terran
  • Implemented automation for faction struggle event scheduling
  • Fixed some issues with guild scores for faction struggles
  • Players in the same faction should now always flag as green during faction struggles
  • Fixed various issues with spawn locations for faction bases and faction struggle zones
  • Players will now receive a confirmation prompt when using a Faction Moongate
  • Fixed some issues with pet teleporting when players die during faction struggles

Poisoning
  • The Poisoning skill increases the difficulty to cure poison cast by or applied by that player by (25% * (Poisoning Skill / 100)).
  • The Taste ID skill increases the difficulty to cure poison cast by or applied by that player by (25% * (Taste ID Skill / 100))

Magic Spellbooks
  • Magic Spellbooks will now grant their damage bonus in PvP as long as a player has had their Magic Spellbook equipped for 30 seconds

Stun Effect (Anatomy)
  • Players must have at least 80 Wrestling to inflict a Stun Attack
  • The chance to inflict a Stun Attack with a wrestling hit is now (20% * (Anatomy Skill / 100))
  • A Stunned player cannot move for 5 seconds and a Stunned creature cannot move for 10 seconds
  • Players and creatures take 25% more damage from all sources while stunned
  • A player or creature cannot be stunned more than once every 30 seconds

Disarm Effect (Arms Lore)
  • The chance to inflict a Disarm Attack with a hit is now (20% * (Arms Lore Skill / 100))  [scaled for weapon speed]
  • A Disarmed player cannot equip any items or move any disarmed gear for 5 seconds
  • Players take 25% more damage from all sources while Disarmed
  • Creatures take 50% more damage from all sources while Disarmed
  • A player or creature cannot be Disarmed more than once every 30 seconds

Taming
  • Players now can have their Pets resurrected by NPC Healers and will receive a window allowing selection of which pets to resurrect
  • Players can now use the "Move" and "All Move" commands to make their tamed / summoned creatures move two spaces in a random direction
  • Players can now use the "Pack" and "All Pack" commands to make Pack Animals open their packs for the player (provided they are within range)

Bless Spell
  • The Bless Spell will now automatically target the caster (similar to Protection / Reactive Armor / Magic Reflect)

Ship Crewmembers
  • Added the Sea Dog Ship Crewmember type

Bank Storage Locker
  • Added the Bank Storage Locker to Carpentry / Tinkering: acts as a Storage Shelf that can only be used from within a player's bankbox (requires less materials to craft than a storage locker)
Item Identification and Container Identification Wands
  • Players may now craft Identification Wands using the Tinkering Skill and Item ID (100 Skill)
  • Identification wands require 1 Arcane Scroll and 5 Boards (can be made with colored materials for more charges)
  • A player using an Item Identification wand will display the item's magical properties, as well as it's NPC gold sell value and Arcane Essence value (if applicable)

• Players may now craft Container Identification Wands using the Tinkering Skill and Item ID (120 Skill)
  • Container Identification wands require 2 Arcane Scroll sand 5 Boards (can be made with colored materials for more charges)
  • A player using an Item Identification wand will display the magical properties for all items in a container, as well as the cumulative NPC gold sell value and Arcane Essence value (if applicable) for all items. Players may target their own backpack as a container

Aspect Phylacteries
  • Players will now find Aspect Phylacteries as loot drops
  • Aspect Phylacteries will have a randomized Aspect associated with them (such as Fire, Lyric, Earth, etc) 
  • If a player has an Aspect Phylactery in their backpack while using Aspect Weapons or Aspect Spellbooks matching the Phylactery's aspect, each weapon swing or spell cast will increase the Phylactery's charge percent, to a maximum of 100%
  • A player may double click a fully-charged Aspect Phylactery to consume it, which will then make the next weapon swing or spell cast while equipped with an Aspect Weapon or Spellbook of that matching aspect automatically be an Aspect Special Attack (such as Whirlwind for Air Aspect)
  • Players can only activate and "store up" one Aspect Special Attack at a time (if a player activates another Phylactery before triggering the previous one, it will override any existing one)

Arcane Symbols and Arcane Runes
  • Players will now find colored Arcane Symbols as loot drops
  • Arcane Symbols come in Red, Green, Orange, Blue, and Purple colors
  • Players with Inscription can use Arcane Symbols to craft Arcane Runes, which are single use items that provide a unique benefit to players in an radius from the activation spot
  • To activate a rune, a player must double click it and must have at least 100 Inscription Skill
  • Arcane Runes last for 5 Minutes + (5 * (User Inscription Skill / 100) minutes)
  • Players may receive the benefit from multiple runes simultaneously, so as long as they are of different types (i.e. can only receive the benefit from 1 Rune of Fortification)

Arcane Rune of Aggression (Orange)
All players within 3 tiles of the rune have their creature aggro increased greatly

Arcane Rune of Fortification (Red)
All players within 5 tiles of the rune receive 20% less physical damage from creatures

Arcane Rune of Spell Shielding (Purple)
All players within 5 tiles of the rune receive 20% less spell damage from creatures

Arcane Rune of Poison Warding (Green)
All players within 5 tiles of the rune receive 20% less poison damage from creatures

Arcane Rune of Healing Amplification (Blue)
All players within 5 tiles of the rune receive 20% more healing from healing effects (so long as they aren't flagged for PvP)

Slayer Wands
  • Slayer Wands will now drop as loot
  • Slayer wands come in Lesser, Regular, and Greater strength and have a randomized creature Slayer Group and randomized damaging spell
  • Slayer wands can only be used against creatures matching it's slayer type 
  • Slayer wands must be equipped to use them and have a limited number of charges
  • After using a wand, that wand cannot be used again for that wand's cooldown duration
  • After using a wand, that player cannot use any other wand again for that wand's cooldown duration

Magic Arrow Wand
60 (Lesser), 80 (Regular), 100 (Greater) Damage
1 Minute Cooldown

Harm Wand
80 (Lesser), 100 (Regular), 120 (Greater) Damage
2 Minute Cooldown

Fireball Wand
100 (Lesser), 120 (Regular), 140 (Greater) Damage
3 Minute Cooldown

Lightning Wand
120 (Lesser), 140 (Regular), 160 (Greater) Damage
4 Minute Cooldown

Mindblast Wand
140 (Lesser), 160 (Regular), 180 (Greater) Damage
5 Minute Cooldown

Energy Bolt Wand
160 (Lesser), 180 (Regular), 200 (Greater) Damage
6 Minute Cooldown

Explosion Wand
170 (Lesser), 190 (Regular), 210 (Greater) Damage
6 Minute Cooldown

Flamestrike Wand
200 (Lesser), 220 (Regular), 240 (Greater) Damage
7 Minute Cooldown

Meteor Swarm Wand
Range 4

60 (Lesser), 80 (Regular), 100 (Greater) Damage
7 Minute Cooldown

Chain Lightning Wand
Range 3
80 (Lesser), 100 (Regular), 120 (Greater) Damage
7 Minute Cooldown

Earthquake Wand
Range 8
60 (Lesser), 80 (Regular), 100 (Greater) Damage
8 Minute Cooldown

Misc
  • Added Cannon Shot commodities
  • Fixed an issue with system message displays for using Magic Resist potions
  • Fixed an issue where players receiving a Skinning Knife on character creation also receive a randomized starting weapon
  • Smoke Drake and Smoke Dragon ability will hit targets a maximum of one time
  • Mixed an issue with water splashes in Pulma boss room (again!)
  • Added Creature Taming Deeds for testing
  • Players should receive 50,000 gold in their bank during character creation during testing
  • Updated the gumps for player-cast Moongates
Luthius, I know I've already moaned about this a bit, and it seems like I only post here to complain about stuff, so I apologise in advance:

Quote:Stun Effect (Anatomy)
Players must have at least 80 Wrestling to inflict a Stun Attack
The chance to inflict a Stun Attack with a wrestling hit is now (20% * (Anatomy Skill / 100))
A Stunned player cannot move for 5 seconds and a Stunned creature cannot move for 10 seconds
Players and creatures take 25% more damage from all sources while stunned
A player or creature cannot be stunned more than once every 30 seconds

I'm all for stun being the main way for a player to 'compete' on a mage without needing a weapon. However, I'm completely against random special hits in PvP. This is my number 1 hate regarding UOR, and I'd be really disappointed to end up with it here. Can it be on a toggle (and have a mana cost attached) so that it actually requires skill/will be part of a timed combo, please?

Quote:Poisoning
The Poisoning skill increases the difficulty to cure poison cast by or applied by that player by (25% * (Poisoning Skill / 100)).
The Taste ID skill increases the difficulty to cure poison cast by or applied by that player by (25% * (Taste ID Skill / 100))

Please please please don't let us end up in a Rel Por 2 situation where people take these skills on a mage with the simple intention of casting poison over and over until someone runs out of pots. It's about as much fun for the people they're fighting as idiots who run a parry/heal mage so they never die. This isn't adding template variety it's just making PvP more irritating.

Quote:Magic Spellbooks
Magic Spellbooks will now grant their damage bonus in PvP as long as a player has had their Magic Spellbook equipped for 30 seconds

I need to be clearer about what bonuses these books can provide, and the rarity of these books, but in general I'd rather see people needing to make template choices for such bonuses, not pick another item. For example, 100 points in Spellweaving could provide a spell damage increase bonus. Combined with a toggled anatomy based stunpunch, that could be a viable temp.

Also, I love this:

Quote:Arcane Symbols and Arcane Runes
Players will now find colored Arcane Symbols as loot drops
Arcane Symbols come in Red, Green, Orange, Blue, and Purple colors
Players with Inscription can use Arcane Symbols to craft Arcane Runes, which are single use items that provide a unique benefit to players in an radius from the activation spot
To activate a rune, a player must double click it and must have at least 100 Inscription Skill
Arcane Runes last for 5 Minutes + (5 * (User Inscription Skill / 100) minutes)
Players may receive the benefit from multiple runes simultaneously, so as long as they are of different types (i.e. can only receive the benefit from 1 Rune of Fortification)

Arcane Rune of Aggression (Orange)
All players within 3 tiles of the rune have their creature aggro increased greatly

Arcane Rune of Fortification (Red)
All players within 5 tiles of the rune receive 20% less physical damage from creatures

Arcane Rune of Spell Shielding (Purple)
All players within 5 tiles of the rune receive 20% less spell damage from creatures

Arcane Rune of Poison Warding (Green)
All players within 5 tiles of the rune receive 20% less poison damage from creatures

Arcane Rune of Healing Amplification (Blue)
All players within 5 tiles of the rune receive 20% more healing from healing effects (so long as they aren't flagged for PvP)

...but just like spirit stones for SS/Summoning, does it HAVE to involve carrying more and more items? Can't we just simplify things and make the skill itsellf (scribe in this case) the pre-requisite, with costs attached?

Also, how does this work? Do players need to remain within this radius, or simply be there as the rune is placed, then the effect lasts for a certain duration?
[Image: bestcheater.jpg]
Bless Spell
The Bless Spell will now automatically target the caster (similar to Protection / Reactive Armor / Magic Reflect)

^^ what's the logic on not making this target-able - we don't want mages, being able to bless dexxers?  To me Bless is a counter to the curse spell, or just to buff an individual user, I cast it all the time on others, it gives me 11% more buffer when keeping people healed in both PvE and PvP situations.