Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thieves
Thumbs Up 
I'd be interested in playing if thieves aren't nerfed like they are on every other free server. It was a powerful class in era and I'd like to enjoy that fun again without weights, fails, stacks, guards/npcs, etc etc etc, being gimped up. 

Give the thieves some love and it'll add a flavor missing everywhere else.
i don't know about weights and stacks but it would be nice if you could steal while hidden.
You are welcome.
I'm mostly in agreement with Jack in regards to most shards having suck mechanics for this.

I'd love to see something that encourages more field theft over deathrobe bank theft though. That's really my only nitpick about the class is countless shitbirds idling at banks running steal macros with 0 risk at all.
There seem to be some stealing mechanics to counter bank thieves:

"If the stealing player is currently in combat with another player, or has been within the last 2 minutes, success chance is reduced by 25%"
"If the stealing player has been resurrected in the last 5 minutes, success chance is reduced by 25%"
"If the stealing player has been resurrected within the last 5 minutes, the chance for any player or human NPC to spot a stealing attempt from them is 100%" (spotting goes through walls too)
http://forums.uooutlands.com/showthread.php?tid=54
Secure houses are the biggest drawback for thieves here. House looting is usually the most important part of any non-bank thief's game.
The only people who like thieves are thieves! I would wager that the most significant reason for people quitting the game is because a thief broke into their house and stole all their stuff. We've seen it time and time again.

And I second what Blaise said about death robe bank thieves. It isn't clever and it isn't funny. Back in the day we used to use stealing to disable mages on the battlefield. Remove their root and they are disabled. Ditto a katana from a melee fighter. Just stealing the odd thing from someone standing or macroing at the bank is pointless, mindless and childish irritation.
(07-27-2017, 05:48 PM)Blaise Wrote: I'd love to see something that encourages more field theft over deathrobe bank theft though. That's really my only nitpick about the class is countless shitbirds idling at banks running steal macros with 0 risk at all.

Yes. Any ideas how though?