Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Item damage and wear
I would really like to see a healthy item durability and repair system on this shard, or any shard really, but this one's in development so I might as well shoot for the stars.

Please do not include any way for players to repair their items without the skill to do so. This includes magic powders that buff HP/Durability and things like Repair Deeds.

Yes, this means that over time, your items will be destroyed from use, should you actually put them to use. This game's economy specifically depends on items leaving the game world as a balance for the perpetual influx of new items. If I never need a new suit of armor because it's blessed (aspect wtf ever), I never need to pay attention to it's condition or seek out the aid of a blacksmith.

Which brings me to the real point of the issue, being that playing a blacksmith should be fun and rewarding as it once was. Repair and real time crafting services, and trust developed in a community as a tradesman, belong UO.
(07-28-2017, 02:18 PM)Blaise Wrote: I would really like to see a healthy item durability and repair system on this shard, or any shard really, but this one's in development so I might as well shoot for the stars.

Please do not include any way for players to repair their items without the skill to do so. This includes magic powders that buff HP/Durability and things like Repair Deeds.

Yes, this means that over time, your items will be destroyed from use, should you actually put them to use. This game's economy specifically depends on items leaving the game world as a balance for the perpetual influx of new items. If I never need a new suit of armor because it's blessed (aspect wtf ever), I never need to pay attention to it's condition or seek out the aid of a blacksmith.

Which brings me to the real point of the issue, being that playing a blacksmith should be fun and rewarding as it once was. Repair and real time crafting services, and trust developed in a community as a tradesman, belong UO.

While I 100% agree with the feeling of working with a blacksmith, with 15 total characters, it isn't likely someone will need one. Until we discuss throttling alts and mules, that aspect is far out of reach.

The secondary issue is population and accessibility. Your BS friend might not be around when you need him, but made you some repair deeds for when he isn't. I'd much rather a blacksmith get a positive reputation for properly stocking vendors or selling his services through deeds than players just dropping their broken gear in a box, relogging, hammering 'em out, and jumping back on their mains.