What's new

Any house spots or houses for sale?

Kreator

Neophyte
New player here. Started about 1 month ago. saved about 60k and can't find a place to place a small house. Any help would be appreciated. Locations or a house for sale.

Poulton

Neophyte
My account is 15 days old, I've managed to scrounge together enough money for a caravan which I've managed to place, I don't think the error is with the server. Changing anything to do with housing will always be a touchy subject, some people stand to save a lot of money, whilst the people with multiple large homes stand to lose a lot.

you are right though, was difficult not having a house, make sure you're utilising multiple accounts and bank boxes.

Kreator

Neophyte
Utilizing multiple accounts and bank boxes is Ghetto UO. Which I have done. I feel limiting houses will limit the player base. Maybe that's what admins want?

Owyn

Administrator
Staff Member
Maybe the only reason I would leave this server. I love the new map but housing is very important.
It's unrealistic to expect that housing would be freely available on the world's largest and most active UO server. Alarm bells should be ringing if you could waltz in and drop a house.

We have a variety of options though: you can purchase a house from a player, you can win an IDOC, you can rent an Inn room while you raise the funds to purchase a house.

Kreator

Neophyte
I'v played UO since 1997 and played many free shards and have never had an issue with housing. Housing limitation should be base on gold (house prices), not population. Not taking away from the shard. I think the map is great and it's easy to tell that the admin put a lot of work into the shard. However Rental room system (which probably took many hours to implement is "just ok" but by no means compares to a house. IDOC yeh good luck.

rastaa

Neophyte
Get a caravan man!

i dont understand why people dont go for the vans..

its nice looking/style and ithas the same secure abd lockdown itens as the small ones

its 250k, ok.. but u gonna pay for a house that worth 250k.. i mean, u are not goingbe overpriced..

get a caravan,stablish yourself and u will be able to get which ever house u want, depending only about your efforts...

enjoy this server!

theequalizer

Neophyte
Why are caravans 5 x the price of a small house, when they are meant to be what new players go for before buying a proper house? Also I don't understand why on the worlds largest UO free shard we can have 1 house per account. It should be limited to one house per ip in my opinion.

Expo

Overseer
Staff Member
Caravans are actually not supposed to be a "first home." They were originally priced higher than a 8x8 because of the smaller footprint being able to block larger spots but over 2 years time and countless hours of play, player wealth has kind of made it a moot factor. I would definitely aim for an Inn Room first and then work your way up to a caravan or small house.

I wouldn't mind going to one house per IP but that's pretty much impossible now. Unfortunately we didn't know we were going to be this popular lol

theequalizer

Neophyte
Fair enough, there's no taurning back now and it wasn't forseeable, but can't you make caravans cheaper? Those guilds who are after every idoc they can find have enough money to buy caravans anyway, even if they were 500k. They sell the properties after a short time for much more money. It's only the younger players losing out here I believe.

Leviticus

Neophyte
Fair enough, there's no taurning back now and it wasn't forseeable, but can't you make caravans cheaper? Those guilds who are after every idoc they can find have enough money to buy caravans anyway, even if they were 500k. They sell the properties after a short time for much more money. It's only the younger players losing out here I believe.
yep, the housing market currently heavily favors the wealthy already. if you're a new player don't even bother with IDOCs, its a waste of your time currently and is pretty much like hoping to win the lottery. having a decent sized house is one of the goals of pretty much every UO player, and looking at some of the costs (4-5, even 10x the deed price) is pretty discouraging.

i dont think adding more land would fix the problem because the rich people will just place as much as they physically can on every account in their guild and just re-sell or hold on to it.