What's new

Any house spots or houses for sale?

I agree housing needs to be restricted at an IP level and not account level.

NOT BECAUSE HOUSING IS EXPENSIVE. Only because there is no need for players to have 3 houses when there is limited availability. At minimum, if someone has 3 houses they should be paying a notable premium/tax.

Housing being expensive is not justification for reworking the market or fucking with the land mass to introduce new housing spots.

You know what's fun for me? BLOWING SHIT UP WITH A 25 GOLD LINK DEXER. Having 25 gold links is fun for me.... I need 25 gold links now! Kill the fun = kill the shard. That's some serious biatch whining right there. Housing is end game, go rent for 5k/week and save up.

ADXE

Neophyte
I agree housing needs to be restricted at an IP level and not account level.

NOT BECAUSE HOUSING IS EXPENSIVE. Only because there is no need for players to have 3 houses when there is limited availability. At minimum, if someone has 3 houses they should be paying a notable premium/tax.

Housing being expensive is not justification for reworking the market or fucking with the land mass to introduce new housing spots.

You know what's fun for me? BLOWING SHIT UP WITH A 25 GOLD LINK DEXER. Having 25 gold links is fun for me.... I need 25 gold links now! Kill the fun = kill the shard. That's some serious biatch whining right there. Housing is end game, go rent for 5k/week and save up.
Yep, you heard it here. A small 8x8 house (50k) deed is end game.

That's why people own 5-6 of them including a Castle.

The rest of us can dream about it and save up 2-3 million and hope to get one way off in the corner of the map somewhere.

- Newb whining goals

The rest of us can dream about it and save up 2-3 million and hope to get one way off in the corner of the map somewhere.

- Newb whining goals
Alright yes, let's do it. Mastery chain is only 125k, shouldn't be considered end game either, right?

The deed price is irrelevant. It's the plot that dictates price. Would you say the same for a 50k deed placed at outpost moongate?

The inn system is a great stepping stone until you can afford a house. Quit your complaining. I already agreed with you that 3 houses per 3 accounts is too much.

- Newb whining goals
Also, what 8x8 are you trying to buy that is 2-3 mil? They are all well under 1 mil, last I checked they were somewhere in the 500k range.

Good luck finding one for under 1.5 mil.
I didn't see an 8x8 for sale recently, so I presume my estimate of 500k may be old. However, I saw several wagons for sale from 300k-500k. Also, there were a couple posts offering wagon spots for free.

It's unrealistic to expect that housing would be freely available on the world's largest and most active UO server. Alarm bells should be ringing if you could waltz in and drop a house.

We have a variety of options though: you can purchase a house from a player, you can win an IDOC, you can rent an Inn room while you raise the funds to purchase a house.

There is no question real estate drives this game. It's no different than real life.

The solution imo given how launch went which has now severely inflated everything; property tax. Don't need to tax smaller houses or even medium ones, but large houses absolutely should have a property tax. If you have more than one house, you should have too pay large tax for the other. No need for one person to have 3 houses if you're trying to increase new player retention. If you don't pay, you can't refresh and house goes idoc, auction etc. It's no different than real life which people love to mention as one of the great things about UO. The real risk vs reward. Well taxes are real too and this is no different. Land is a commodity, you have created digital land and have a problem with capacity.

There is no doubt there are multiple houses that are owned by the same people on top of the obvious people vpn'ing just for home ownership. You could just as easily tether to your phone, family's phone etc and now you have 6+ more house plots which people absolutely did. It's UO, people will take any advantage they can. Introduce property tax and force people to sell these monsterous houses they have multiples of. And make absolutely sure new houses are for people who have no houses or a wagon.

Also, another option since what you've created is so amazing and may be more obvious; land expansion. Yes, it will fill up right away but at least it will fill up with players who now can get their first house a littler more reasonable( I just want more land cause map is awesome.)

I think at the very least it would be wise to go to 1 house per ip. No exceptions. If someone is a MAH well they are sharing a house in real life too so no issue. I mean I just saw someone on discord mention they already have 3 accounts and are requesting more; is there at least a 3 house per ip limit? Prices are already so inflated I'd hope a limit would be in order.

Also, with all the effort you've put into this I imagine you have long vision for this shard. Right now you are at 2 years, still young. Inflation is only going to get worse and worse.

another option I'm sure that has been considered and would get my vote is some kind of trammel landmass for houses. It's just a blank landmass not apart of the real over world. It won't affect market value much because houses in this area won't be nearly as prized as houses in the overworld. Could put limits on the type of houses here too(only 8x8 or so, only certain models. Think of it like the suburbs, no one wants to live there) which will help create a better real estate market.