What's new

Development Pipeline (October 9, 2020)

oroechimaru

Grandmaster
jousting: amazing

Cleansing Potions
Cleansing Potions will be a new item that players can use to reduce the effects of Bleed and Disease currently on them

Concern: this makes it too trivial especially with taste id.

Suggestion in spirit of dexxer patch:
3-5 second immunity to disease/bleed after bandage completes (self only)

this helps reduce 1-2 ticks of damage and doenst mitigate the system entirely via potion. Also helps dexxer survival

Daevorn

Novice
up archers and dexxers, and nerf tamers again? seriously? tamer already have lower DPS in single target. summoner, dexxers, backstabbers already stronger in single target damage. And you guys want to nerf our Aoe? its the only thing making tamer good. without prowler - tamer is weak shit. Stop to nerf tamers. It is absurd

So stop others from acquiring what you got from this system already. I got mine, please fix now thanks.
That's a nice narrative until you look into my discord history where I called it broken before I started doing it and pointed out several times over the course of doing it that it needs to be nerfed (with examples like the one provided in my original post). Keeping things broken because people previously took advantage of them is a pretty fast way to ruin shard longevity.

Wuffa

Expert
So many good things here! A lot of effort going into fixing long standing issues and some great new systems.

The Bomberman thing really looks out of place in this list, looks like a waste of time to me but that's just my opinion.

Mana wells in tournaments sounds like an unnecessary gimmick. For competitive dueling, maybe it would just be better to increase mana regen in order duels by x% and tweak it that way.

oroechimaru

Grandmaster
up archers and dexxers, and nerf tamers again? seriously? tamer already have lower DPS in single target. summoner, dexxers, backstabbers already stronger in single target damage. And you guys want to nerf our Aoe? its the only thing making tamer good. without prowler - tamer is weak shit. Stop to nerf tamers. It is absurd
It says they are retooling less desired pets and pet skills, lets wait and see.

we can tweak lots of builds. I want to see everyone have fun. Archery has a few core issues being addressed and apples to apples , 120 tamer will still be far a head than the average 30-50 dps archer without chains.

dexxer rebalance could be anything.... one need is they dont have pets to meat shield high damage spikes from bleed/disease. So they needs some tools to mitigate bleed/disease (im not a fan of the cleansing mechanic since it seems too powerful for all and not just those up front)

some dexxer weapons are a slow crawl if not a tamer/bard to level aspect (fencing/swords) leading to mace heavy gameplay. If dexxers get better that means tamers in parties get better and so do bosses.

with difficulty ramping up, we probably will all appreciate more tanking dexxers

imho tamers may have some neat pet options (non meta) but they dont last at bosses. Possibly more options to resist bleed/disease or direct attack specials or boss mechanics could help make a variety of pets tanky and useful at bosses :). (Without limiting to regen pets)... somewhat similar to water ele or earth ele or even demon

Last edited:

gazaren

Neophyte
More nerfs without any sort of replacement system for upcoming players. Just like the nerfs to recall mining, whoever benefited from it is now ahead in the game, whoever starts playing now has to deal with a much more annoying system. Rich players who had acquired lots of points and links now are just ahead, and newer players will have to deal with the increased grind in the societies game. Tiresome.

Lemora

Journeyman
So adjustments for the potential positive of the shard should not be made because folks would essentially be grandfathered in?

Should we keep going and also not fix dupe glitches because new players would not have access? Obviously a bit more extreme but it is to illustrate the point.

gazaren

Neophyte
So adjustments for the potential positive of the shard should not be made because folks would essentially be grandfathered in?

Should we keep going and also not fix dupe glitches because new players would not have access? Obviously a bit more extreme but it is to illustrate the point.
Dupes get cleaned up, duped items get deleted, this is intended behavior that now after a bunch of people have benefited from want it nerfed. If you look at Discord, people who are pro nerfs like this are always people who already benefited or have means of continue to use whatever system replaces it. What I'm asking for is, if you are going to nerf a system, at least make it somehow accessible to upcoming players.

Lemora

Journeyman
Dupes get cleaned up, duped items get deleted, this is intended behavior that now after a bunch of people have benefited from want it nerfed. If you look at Discord, people who are pro nerfs like this are always people who already benefited or have means of continue to use whatever system replaces it. What I'm asking for is, if you are going to nerf a system, at least make it somehow accessible to upcoming players.
I would give benefit of the doubt to staff that they will not implement anything unless necessary, even if people are calling for it.

That said, that type of lobbying behavior is disgusting and if true I side with you and hope staff wont listen. I dont really use discord as General is rather cancerous. Will take your word for it for now.

Owyn

Administrator
Staff Member
More nerfs without any sort of replacement system for upcoming players. Just like the nerfs to recall mining, whoever benefited from it is now ahead in the game, whoever starts playing now has to deal with a much more annoying system. Rich players who had acquired lots of points and links now are just ahead, and newer players will have to deal with the increased grind in the societies game. Tiresome.
Time is never a reason to stop fixing, balancing, improving. We never sit back and think "Oh, it's been like that for SO long, we can't change it now."

Similarly how we don't let bugs become features. It isn't our style.

oroechimaru

Grandmaster
For newbie guides (hirelings) possibly give protection for 1 hour in each dungeon and “overland region” for their first adventures (not repeat) and if one of those timers starts it is forever gone within the hour, but can choose a new adventure . Within 10 days (covers example friday to next sundat) from their first guided expedition no more protection but can still get assistance (effects all areas).

this would help trolling from blue targeting guides.

to prevent abuse they can do 0 damage to bosses or other players and cannot enter boss room to cam.

if they unlock aspect or chain on any ip accounts, all guides are cancelled.

Expo

Overseer
Staff Member
So many good things here! A lot of effort going into fixing long standing issues and some great new systems.

The Bomberman thing really looks out of place in this list, looks like a waste of time to me but that's just my opinion.

Mana wells in tournaments sounds like an unnecessary gimmick. For competitive dueling, maybe it would just be better to increase mana regen in order duels by x% and tweak it that way.
Bomberman would bring a "new" and entertaining form of PvP to the masses. If you've never played before, you're missing out. It's also one of the few things I've ever asked for... that's probably why it's out of place in the list LOL

Will joining the thieves guild give you any benefits? Or are you making it so you need you need be in the thieves guild to be able to steal from players? Could make it have weekly missions or a 'fence' feature where you can sell stolen goods for a higher price? Maybe like a black market.

The first 2 links I made covered the entire cost of leveling the skills and all the materials needed for the life time of the character, which means I made about 6+ million gold in profit per account (with the assumption every link I got was a 2 mil trash link, which was not the case).. So yeah, this "nerf" is long over due. Links shouldn't even be a reward from nonPVM activites.
Links should absolutely be a reward for non PVM activity.
We need crafting for player-driven purchasing.
The shard needs the gold sink. All UO shards eventually hurt badly from inflation. When a new/mid level character needs a player crafted everyday-use item, and it costs a ridiculous amount of money due to inflation, they're going to be really discouraged. If you remove links as a crafting reward and the only viable method are omnis and T8's, you're handing full link control over to the large guilds who will be the only ones able to generate them. Not everyone plays the way you like to play, please consider that.

Just make the jobs more expensive, but still profitable. Don't screw with IP restrictions. Grinding for 6 months for a gold link isn't worth it.
All the other non-crafting societies generate wealth for you via farming. Crafting costs money, that's the trade off. Don't neuter it.

oroechimaru

Grandmaster
Light aspect:
A. Procs small aoe heal to human (and orcs or us liches) only on healing spells or bandages

b. Can cleanse disease/bleed

c. The weapon proc does an aoe heal/cleanse and 50damag per tier aoe attack

d. Chance on hit(armor) to cleans disease/bleed or reflect it on mob

Idk