What's new

Development Pipeline (October 9, 2020)

oroechimaru

Grandmaster
I get the need to overhaul. Im just asking with increased risk throw us a bone.

A healthy compromise would be a small drop chance for :
A. bosses: a low chance (1-3%? ) for bronze reforge tool (bronze only)

B. Omni (all levels) ... 10% chance per tier , tiers under 25% health then chance increases to 20%... bronze reforge tool only

c. Tmaps8 :3-5% chance

This would solve our issues with bad bronze chains , offer a helpful reward for small guilds to help players fighting over a very few amount of “good chains”, much less silver/gold... but also give flexibility for any potential society point nerfs mentioned in pipeline.

This way at least one chain has a higher chance of being useful per omni.

These drop rates would not increase with omni difficulty.

The second concern (higher difficulty omnis only) maybe remove scrolls/crap items from omni corpse to make room for better chance of valuable items in the loot pool.

This helps get at least “1 solid good bronze chain per omni” that rewards the guild for their efforts, and helps us looking for entry level chains

Last edited:

oroechimaru

Grandmaster
Also:
A. We need another lawless region or two overland to find more omni runes, there wont be enough to go around

B. Possibly add lawless mini expansion zones to levels 1-3 in each dungeon where rift guardians spawn. Or even make it a level 2 pk entrance packed full of (risky shortcut) of the rune mobs.

c. Consider the summoning guild (would be lovely for alliance ) not need a omni rune if >25% health on omni .

Last edited:

Wuffa

Expert
In regards to the taming overhaul:

1) The two proposals seem to be at odds with each other. Firstly you are trying to make the weaker pets viable, in which if you succeed there should be no unpopular pets left over to be included in the tamer society
2) Does it make sense to implement a new society exclusively for tamers? I don't mind additional content/rewards systems but why would this not extend to summoners using unpopular summons or spells, dexers using unpopular weapons or armour or even aspects, for example.

oroechimaru

Grandmaster
Maybe a professions society

a. Archer kill x monsters (maybe dnd have a favored enemy)

b. Dexxers do xyz

c. X amount of crossheals at bosses or even pvp events

d. Summons/pets/golemens/necromancer undead some sort of training/leveling experience of creatures reward for different regions

e. Regional societies

idk im fine with pipeline :)

oroechimaru

Grandmaster
If i come up with more ideas i will just tag the post and not flood this awesome update pipeline!

Stormamnc

Neophyte
Sup guys!
I believe I heard somewhere that you have a parallel wep app resource under development as well haven't you? Recover accounts, map user emails to accounts, and stuff. Does that information proceeds? What are you building it with what technologies, node.js? Do you have any other ideas for a web resource?

Last edited:

ADXE

Neophyte
Please add a section for New Player Housing Discussion. There is a shortage of New Player Housing available.

New Players would like to have the option of buying and placing a new house.

There should be a vote to decide which changes would benefit new players.

AreYouKidden

Legendary
Please add a section for New Player Housing Discussion. There is a shortage of New Player Housing available.

New Players would like to have the option of buying and placing a new house.

There should be a vote to decide which changes would benefit new players.
The real estate economy will always be the bane of a thriving player bases, and the torment of falling player bases. The reality is, unless you make complete dead land masses, or housing available everywhere, you're never going to satisfy everyone. I for one don't want to see Malas - the housing expansion, an empty and dead land, made clearly just to satisfy those looking for houses, and an otherwise completely dead and pointless land.

Sure player housing is expensive, but the economy is such that you get one or two lucky finds, and you've got enough for said housing as well. Outlands has provided us rental homes as a stop gap here before you get a house, it's more than sufficient to get us through - and you can upgrade bank boxes some players live out of a bank box even after 2 years on the server - I've also known many players who've managed to get a home in the first month of being on the server, and have upgraded into 10 secure+ homes in a matter of a few months.

If you are looking for a thread to place your housing ideas though - this one was started up by staff, and is still somewhat active.

ADXE

Neophyte
I think new players should
The real estate economy will always be the bane of a thriving player bases, and the torment of falling player bases. The reality is, unless you make complete dead land masses, or housing available everywhere, you're never going to satisfy everyone. I for one don't want to see Malas - the housing expansion, an empty and dead land, made clearly just to satisfy those looking for houses, and an otherwise completely dead and pointless land.

Sure player housing is expensive, but the economy is such that you get one or two lucky finds, and you've got enough for said housing as well. Outlands has provided us rental homes as a stop gap here before you get a house, it's more than sufficient to get us through - and you can upgrade bank boxes some players live out of a bank box even after 2 years on the server - I've also known many players who've managed to get a home in the first month of being on the server, and have upgraded into 10 secure+ homes in a matter of a few months.

If you are looking for a thread to place your housing ideas though - this one was started up by staff, and is still somewhat active.
I think new players should be able to vote on this. Sure existing players and lucky ones will say what they will. New Players want to join the community, that should be different. I'm not against a new land of 8x8 houses just for new players. That sounds fun and interactive for new players. Saying that this is a problem that exists doesn't qualify as a solution. Neither does Rental.

I'd also like to see better enforcement of IDOC. There is no reason to allow players to squat on houses just for no purpose other than too much $$$ and not enough space. Start decaying houses that aren't used and making people pay upkeep for multiple houses. Soon some of these will start to disappear and empty land will pop up again.

Making someone actually use something instead of idle by to me is a step in the right direction.

AreYouKidden

Legendary
I think new players should be able to vote on this. Sure existing players and lucky ones will say what they will. New Players want to join the community, that should be different. I'm not against a new land of 8x8 houses just for new players. That sounds fun and interactive for new players. Saying that this is a problem that exists doesn't qualify as a solution. Neither does Rental.

I'd also like to see better enforcement of IDOC. There is no reason to allow players to squat on houses just for no purpose other than too much $$$ and not enough space. Start decaying houses that aren't used and making people pay upkeep for multiple houses. Soon some of these will start to disappear and empty land will pop up again.

Making someone actually use something instead of idle by to me is a step in the right direction.
No one is suggesting you shouldn't have a voice - and we want you all to join the community.. Having been here for 2 years now, this pops up again, over and over again, and I'm just saying I know many people who have managed to find houses quite quickly upon joining the server, it's not as doom and gloom as you think, and I'm not sure a market that is booming is an actual problem - in a game that is all about economic impacts. That doesn't mean it couldn't be tweaked to be better.

Again join the housing discussion thread, you'll see Owyn himself listed up some different ideas they were looking at a year ago, give voice to your thoughts, consolidated on the same thread, start the discussions again. In the year since that post went in, they introduced rental rooms as a mediary step, and have implemented some changes to how a house goes IDOC, and how an owner is required to refresh after a month, to ensure more houses are going IDOC, and not being held in stasis for ever by co-owners and friends. Perhaps there's more that can be done, they even mentioned new player land masses at one point as a potential - though I don't think they favored the idea.

I'd be curious to know what you mean by better enforcement of IDOC, a player can have 1 house per account, if they don't refresh their house within a 56 day period (28 days anyone refresh + 28 days owner only refresh), then it goes IDOC. If they refresh it, what is there to enforce? How do you "make" someone use something? If they bought it, own it, and are refreshing it within the rules, what more is there?

ADXE

Neophyte
No one is suggesting you shouldn't have a voice - and we want you all to join the community.. Having been here for 2 years now, this pops up again, over and over again, and I'm just saying I know many people who have managed to find houses quite quickly upon joining the server, it's not as doom and gloom as you think, and I'm not sure a market that is booming is an actual problem - in a game that is all about economic impacts. That doesn't mean it couldn't be tweaked to be better.

Again join the housing discussion thread, you'll see Owyn himself listed up some different ideas they were looking at a year ago, give voice to your thoughts, consolidated on the same thread, start the discussions again. In the year since that post went in, they introduced rental rooms as a mediary step, and have implemented some changes to how a house goes IDOC, and how an owner is required to refresh after a month, to ensure more houses are going IDOC, and not being held in stasis for ever by co-owners and friends. Perhaps there's more that can be done, they even mentioned new player land masses at one point as a potential - though I don't think they favored the idea.

I'd be curious to know what you mean by better enforcement of IDOC, a player can have 1 house per account, if they don't refresh their house within a 56 day period (28 days anyone refresh + 28 days owner only refresh), then it goes IDOC. If they refresh it, what is there to enforce? How do you "make" someone use something? If they bought it, own it, and are refreshing it within the rules, what more is there?
Where does it explain IDOC and what happens with IDOC?

AreYouKidden

Legendary
Where does it explain IDOC and what happens with IDOC?
Should all be recapped here - IDOC rules are at the bottom of the page - also some of the other housing features listed throughout - like the real estate vendor in town can show you where people have placed houses for sale so you can buy at the sign, and the rules for 1 house per account and such.

I gave it a quick read over - it looks like it's fairly up to date - it says the housing cycle is 45 days - which I think is wrong, but otherwise it's 7 days between each stage of a house wear, and then 1-2 hours as an IDOC timer. (which I also actually thought had changed to 12, but it lists where it changed to 1-2..)

Admittedly I don't keep up on IDOC details generally.

ADXE

Neophyte
Should all be recapped here - IDOC rules are at the bottom of the page - also some of the other housing features listed throughout - like the real estate vendor in town can show you where people have placed houses for sale so you can buy at the sign, and the rules for 1 house per account and such.

I gave it a quick read over - it looks like it's fairly up to date - it says the housing cycle is 45 days - which I think is wrong, but otherwise it's 7 days between each stage of a house wear, and then 1-2 hours as an IDOC timer. (which I also actually thought had changed to 12, but it lists where it changed to 1-2..)

Admittedly I don't keep up on IDOC details generally.
I cannot figure out how to get the Real Estate Vendor to show where the houses are for sale. When I click on View Wiki nothing happens.

AreYouKidden

Legendary
@ADXE It's been a while, but I believe when you open up the list to buy a house deed, I believe there is a radial button or tab to look at houses for sale. It'll show you type and price, and co-ordinates, and if you click the button on the house, it'll give you a map you can open up to see where the house is, possibly even a tracking arrow to get there.

Also the IDOC house cycle after some help from staff last night, is 7 days per stage, with a random 24 hours added on to the greatly stage, so timers can't be 100% captured. So it's a 35-36 day cycle. If a house at any point is not refreshed by the owner for 30 days, it can no longer be refreshed. Hopefully that clarifies it. I also updated the wiki for clarity.
  • Like New - 7 days
  • Slightly Worn - 7 days
  • Somewhat Worn - 7 days
  • Fairly Worn - 7 days
  • Greatly Worn - 7 days + random value 1-24 hours added
  • IDOC - random value 1-2 hours

ADXE

Neophyte
@ADXE It's been a while, but I believe when you open up the list to buy a house deed, I believe there is a radial button or tab to look at houses for sale. It'll show you type and price, and co-ordinates, and if you click the button on the house, it'll give you a map you can open up to see where the house is, possibly even a tracking arrow to get there.

Also the IDOC house cycle after some help from staff last night, is 7 days per stage, with a random 24 hours added on to the greatly stage, so timers can't be 100% captured. So it's a 35-36 day cycle. If a house at any point is not refreshed by the owner for 30 days, it can no longer be refreshed. Hopefully that clarifies it. I also updated the wiki for clarity.
  • Like New - 7 days
  • Slightly Worn - 7 days
  • Somewhat Worn - 7 days
  • Fairly Worn - 7 days
  • Greatly Worn - 7 days + random value 1-24 hours added
  • IDOC - random value 1-2 hours
This is all great news. I still don't get any information from the radial button for view wiki. I noticed when I click on the Guide radial button it does say waiting for Web Browser to open, but no browser opens. Maybe this was a function that was intended just never implemented? Or I'd be interested to hear if anyone has gotten the view wiki radial button to work and what were the results.