What's new

Development Pipeline (October 9, 2020)

Markar

Neophyte
I don't see much on the pipeline for cooking, and brewing is pretty light on details. Any chance we could get an update on that?

I'm new to the shard, so forgive me for not having much of a sense of history yet. I started a chef/fisherman a couple weeks ago and worked my way up to a ship and some decent poles, but the rewards still seem very weak. Cooking for example, is basically worthless until you get to 120 for delectable food because the lower tier foods use the same resource in the same amount to produce lower quality food. Until 120, you're better off selling the raw ingredients to a legendary chef.

Additionally, raising cooking is through a weird training system that has you making the lowest tier food the entire way, and you can't even attempt higher tier food until you hit a hard skill requirement. It would be great if we could produce something usable all the way up, but right now it feels designed only for macroing a chef mule on another account after training up a hunter with forensic eval and saving the ribs.

AreYouKidden

Legendary
would be nice to see factions :(
The server started out as factions, it was very unsuccessful - they moved to guild based events, that after much poking/proding are starting to get some actual numbers of players coming out to participate. I'd love to see a version of factions that works, but no one apparently will PvP for the sake of just PvP these days, and with the ability to turn consensual PvP on/off (guild wars flags, pvp events flags), basically no one will run factions to put them at risk without a worthwhile reason to do so.

Undersalted

Neophyte
The server started out as factions, it was very unsuccessful - they moved to guild based events, that after much poking/proding are starting to get some actual numbers of players coming out to participate. I'd love to see a version of factions that works, but no one apparently will PvP for the sake of just PvP these days, and with the ability to turn consensual PvP on/off (guild wars flags, pvp events flags), basically no one will run factions to put them at risk without a worthwhile reason to do so.
I see, all the pvpers I play with and talk to all want factions. It would definitely take some pressure off the blue zerg/red zerg. I feel like 4 factions would be good, and some system like the old factions.
CCC is so much fun but those fights that happen organically when running through town, or defending a base randomly are the best. Having factions there needs to be something worth while to work towards other than, dyed cloth and mounts.
Should get bonus's like the weekly for controlling certain towns or bases.
IP lock for a week to a faction when chosen
IP lock guilds for 2 weeks
Have a"jail" kind of like when you die in TS, if you abuse the system. There should be diminishing returns on kills to avoid abuse. etc.
Something.

Elric

Adept
but no one apparently will PvP for the sake of just PvP these days
The evidence to support this is the fact that people ask for events to be created and scripted, when they could just ask another guild to war against them and bet some gold on the winner. Some of these "events" being asked for could be easily coordinated by players within the game world, but like you said, nobody really wants to put that much effort into it. The staff would say that there was a misstep on their part for not having PVP events created and scripted at launch, but they were assuming that players would create these events on their own like we did in the late 90's. If you wanted to duel, you met at some house and dueled. If you want a faction war, you started attacking a competing guild. I guess when people want a pre-Tram server they didn't want everything that came with pre-Tram. They have their hearts on AOS and beyond in some areas.

Luthius

Developer
Staff Member
Progress has been updated for Strangelands Overhaul, Mastery Chain Overhaul, Aspect Updates