What's new

Exposition: Halloween - Thursday, October 31st

Expo

Overseer
Staff member
jackolantern00.gif
This Exposition will only be active on Halloween (Thursday, October 31st).
jackolantern01.gif

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! On what is believed to be the anniversary of the death of Mondain (though it has never been confirmed), those of the occult who worship the evil wizard perform ghastly rituals to pay homage to their nefarious deity. This is the day that such followers of the occult entrap the souls of the innocent! These occultist “farmers” have taken a momentary pause in their digging at the Forsaken Keep to plague the Outlands and its dungeons.

By decree of King Iaric IV of Prevalia, all adventurers are called upon to rid these lands of the vile Mondain-worshippers, and bring peace to the poor lost souls. But beware, for these occultists are shielded by their undying faith in Mondain and can't be harmed by conventional means! Instead, look to their unholy minions to strike a blow against this evil...

*Thank you @ErikGray for the introduction*
Content may change at any time. Make sure to check back often and in-game!

How Do I Participate?
  • As stated before, this event will only be active on Halloween (Thursday, October 31st)
  • Locate an Occult Farmer and their crop
    • Over 15 set locations
    • Easy to spot (view gif below)
  • There is a chance of a Halloween themed monster spawning in the area
  • There is no [eventscore for this

eventexpositionhalloweenactiveoccultspot.gif

Outlandish Halloween Season 2019:

Last edited:
I wonder how many children will not get to go trick or treating since this "exposition" is only on the actual day of... =/

My kids will however go trick or treating and I'll skip the exposition.

Sorry I've never been a fan of "day of" events as those days should be spent with family and friends. Alternative day(s) and the day of would be ideal.

UPDATE: Expo has clarified a little more below. Thanks Staff and Expo!

Last edited:

Expo

Overseer
Staff member
I wonder how many children will not get to go trick or treating since this "exposition" is only on the actual day of... =/

My kids will however go trick or treating and I'll skip the exposition.

Sorry I've never been a fan of "day of" events as those days should be spent with family and friends. Alternative day(s) and the day of would be ideal.
I hear ya. I will be taking my kids out trick or treating too, and that's why this is nothing but a flavor event. There is nothing you will get here that you won't get from the Field of Souls event (which is a week long event). I am going to do my best to turn the event on at Midnight and then off at the next Midnight.

I hear ya. I will be taking my kids out trick or treating too, and that's why this is nothing but a flavor event. There is nothing you will get here that you won't get from the Field of Souls event (which is a week long event). I am going to do my best to turn the event on at Midnight and then off at the next Midnight.
Ahhh okay cool!

Is there going to be a release of the lantern and hair dye, shield dyes and backpack dyes minus the cloth for shimmer oxide for this month like it was said earlier in the year. Since lanterns and things have come out for other hues... the anniversary of the server is this month. When might we get a chance to buy the full set of this hue?

Expo

Overseer
Staff member
Is there going to be a release of the lantern and hair dye, shield dyes and backpack dyes minus the cloth for shimmer oxide for this month like it was said earlier in the year. Since lanterns and things have come out for other hues... the anniversary of the server is this month. When might we get a chance to buy the full set of this hue?
Yes, the Shimmer Oxide items (but not the cloth) will be coming out. The exact date will be announced soon.

Expo

Overseer
Staff member
halloweenpackitup.png

Did a scavenger hunt with pumpkins. As stated before, there was nothing that could be looted from them that was unique, new, different or whatever from anything else going on. Actually, it was probably a waste of time doing my event (if you're all about GPH) but it was something to do on the side. There was a quest note to be discovered, but folks were too busy messing with sticky, unmovable items. Many lessons learned.

eventexpositionhalloweennoteinpumpkin.png

- Event started at 1am EST and ended the next day at 2am EST (things happen)
- All wandering black cats were removed
(rumors abound but they were nothing but deco and annoying)
- All NPC pumpkin competitions in cities have ended and Bootleg Jenkins won! (no he didn't, but they were all removed)
- All Occultist tainted haystacks were distributed to the masses (they were removed too)
- All Town Criers have returned their Halloween costumes
- All Exposition Halloween Pumpkins were uprooted and sticky pumpkin guts collected for rares (all pumpkins removed, and players never could get the pumpkin guts even though I typed it in RP terms above and also clearly stated it in discord but...)

Happy Halloween.

lol... Thank you, Expo. I got to kill one of the weird creatures that spawned near one of the haystacks. I didn't know about the pumpkin contest or jackolanterns.