The reasons I don't like random activity checks:I don't think semi inactive players like that would have any issues. You'd literally need to miss ALL five 24 hours periods, in my suggestion for example, and then trigger an IDOC which you can still stop if you log in to play.
I do respect your opinion though. What do you think is the best alternative?
I realize activity checks may not be liked by everyone, but it's most likely the best solution for the given problem.
- Casual players shouldn't feel hassled to log in so they don't miss an activity check that may or may not be there
- Anyone holding onto a house will just shorten their refresh period from 30 days to 1 week or whatever it is to circumvent the measure.
Whatever system is implemented:
- Should be consistent - there should be no question about when your house will fall. I don't like the random aspect of causing houses to fall
- If you don't play a lot (whether casual or inactive) the system should be penalty focused (gold charge) vs. a Gotcha! (house drop cause you didn't log in at the right times)
- Should be tied to activity - I think a great activity indicator is points... society, achievment, Town Struggle, etc...