What's new

Mage and Society Jobs Testing Patch

DUBLINITE

Apprentice
Regarding societies - what if they are just left as is and account is locked out from redeeming for links after a certain point threshold? That will get newer people a chance to work for gold links that they can in-turn market if they so choose.

For example, maybe set the account limit at 2400 points per account....assuming 2400 would be the right amount. After 2400 points they can only redeem for deco items and link reforges (and maybe a higher point total for reforges onces past 2400 points). Anyone currently over 2400 right now would be locked out once they redeem their next link (so as not to screw anyone over who was already planning for one).

I don't think this would be very controversial and again, it would allow more people to "catch-up" in terms of utilizing societies to accumulate wealth.

Regarding societies - what if they are just left as is and account is locked out from redeeming for links after a certain point threshold? That will get newer people a chance to work for gold links that they can in-turn market if they so choose.

For example, maybe set the account limit at 2400 points per account....assuming 2400 would be the right amount. After 2400 points they can only redeem for deco items and link reforges (and maybe a higher point total for reforges onces past 2400 points). Anyone currently over 2400 right now would be locked out once they redeem their next link (so as not to screw anyone over who was already planning for one).

I don't think this would be very controversial and again, it would allow more people to "catch-up" in terms of utilizing societies to accumulate wealth.
There will always be newcomers that are behind and need to catch up. Limiting gameplay to veterans doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I think a better idea would be to make sure character progression for veterans doesn't COMPLETLEY leave newcomers in the dust. And, the way it is now is perfect. The links/chains are incremental upgrades... add in the fact that you can slot in bronze links for gold until you obtain them and you should be able to hang with the veterans.

Economically, those that started at Day 1 will always be ahead regardless what you do. They have 1 year+ investment on new players. But none of these advantages are game changers, they are all convenience and aesthetic advantages.... any true advantages are very minor.

DUBLINITE

Apprentice
Yeah....the ship is sailed man. It's not going to stay the way it is, so best to embrace some change. What I suggested still allows us that have used the system the most to continue to use it, but to a lesser extent and eliminates the biggest complaint about societies...that people are "abusing them" to print end-game content.

I've been here from day 1, probably minute 1, and probably in the top 10 collectively of society points. I have no zero issue with them fading out some of the benefits for me and others like me. But I also don't believe in making a newbie craft 2000 deadly potions with no one to sell them to.

Memphist

Neophyte
Societiec Jobs

I dont understand the problem with the "printing" from links. If I get a gold link every 10 weeks then I dont think that`s to much, i also need mostly a reforgetool for 1 mill to reforge the trash link and need to unlock the chain to use it( yes some do this with 3 accounts and no, you never can control VPN users :(:(). Or do i dont know everything about the "printing" from links?
What I understand is that many things which are made have no value so It is a good change to get societies jobs with usable items.
I prefer the crafter jobs most of the time, its better than fighting with 100 people in a dungeon because all try to do there jobs. I like to kill monsters which i enjoy. If the "printing" from links hurts so hard then you could change the points which you need to get links from the artificer society. Maybe 600 points for silver and 800 points for gold or make less jobs avaiable for artificer but then you dont stop the VPN user you only make it hard for us "normaly player".

Societiec Jobs

I dont understand the problem with the "printing" from links. If I get a gold link every 10 weeks then I dont think that`s to much, i also need mostly a reforgetool for 1 mill to reforge the trash link and need to unlock the chain to use it( yes some do this with 3 accounts and no, you never can control VPN users :(:(). Or do i dont know everything about the "printing" from links?
What I understand is that many things which are made have no value so It is a good change to get societies jobs with usable items.
I prefer the crafter jobs most of the time, its better than fighting with 100 people in a dungeon because all try to do there jobs. I like to kill monsters which i enjoy. If the "printing" from links hurts so hard then you could change the points which you need to get links from the artificer society. Maybe 600 points for silver and 800 points for gold or make less jobs avaiable for artificer but then you dont stop the VPN user you only make it hard for us "normaly player".
Printing links seems to be a problem because too many unworthy people have them. Many changes seem centric on rewarding those who commit a large portion of their day to gameplay, despite the fact they're profiting hand over fist simply from the amount of hours put in. There is no link glut, prices reflect this. Again I agree with the changes as they are now (requiring SOME more exotic materials) but anything heavier treads into the territory of it not being worth the time involved, like most of the other societies.

Lemora

Journeyman
What? No one ever argued there was a link glut. The argument is the flood of goods created in this 3x account link creating system is destroying the economy in every other aspect of the game.

Links are not too expensive. Runebooks are too cheap. Most craftables on this shard dip well under resource cost because of societies.

Basia

Master
The argument is the flood of goods created in this 3x account link creating system is destroying the economy in every other aspect of the game.

Links are not too expensive. Runebooks are too cheap. Most craftables on this shard dip well under resource cost because of societies.
On other shards I've played, few people wanted to make crafters and so those that did could make big profits selling crafted goods. Some people seem to have carried that expectation over to Outlands, but I don't think it's ever going to be a thing here, for the simple reason that so many crafter chars already exist. Regardless of what happens with societies, no one is going to pay a big markup on items they can easily craft themselves or get guildmates to make. So if that's really the objective for the society changes it misses the mark.

Not sure if that actually is the goal though. Some people are arguing that there's a link glut and complaining about links being "printed" etc. Doesn't seem like there's a consensus on what the problem is, or if there even is one.

Personally, I think the overall system is fine and the only change needed is to make active jobs (ones that involve risk and interaction) offer significantly more points than the jobs you can do in your house. Like if it took 10 weeks to get a gold link through Monster Hunter/Seafarer/Adventurer societies, or 20 weeks to do it through Artificer, there would be an incentive for players to venture out into the world rather than running their regs & kegs macros all day.

Lemora

Journeyman
On other shards I've played, few people wanted to make crafters and so those that did could make big profits selling crafted goods. Some people seem to have carried that expectation over to Outlands, but I don't think it's ever going to be a thing here, for the simple reason that so many crafter chars already exist. Regardless of what happens with societies, no one is going to pay a big markup on items they can easily craft themselves or get guildmates to make. So if that's really the objective for the society changes it misses the mark.

Not sure if that actually is the goal though. Some people are arguing that there's a link glut and complaining about links being "printed" etc. Doesn't seem like there's a consensus on what the problem is, or if there even is one.

Personally, I think the overall system is fine and the only change needed is to make active jobs (ones that involve risk and interaction) offer significantly more points than the jobs you can do in your house. Like if it took 10 weeks to get a gold link through Monster Hunter/Seafarer/Adventurer societies, or 20 weeks to do it through Artificer, there would be an incentive for players to venture out into the world rather than running their regs & kegs macros all day.
To say that a lot of people have crafters is not inaccurate. However I dont think thats quite the issue here, as due to the state of the economy most crafting skills are better off selling their materials than actually using them to 120. So, while a lot of folks do have their own in house crafters, its not to save money for sure. Its either for fun or to take advantage of the society gold link system. A crafter using societies is absolutely incentivized to 120 on a longer timeframe, one who does not, is not. Which is the main problem, everything is warped because of it. Which is the first sure sign it is imbalanced.

Personally I have gathered enough of each resource to 120 twice over in each, but have yet to because it is so innefficient. Why would I use the 250k boards or more to 120 carpentry when I can just sell the resources and buy the items I need after. Even if I had a choice vendor spot and advertised well, the decision would be purely for fun of running a crafting vendor, not profit. Nothing wrong with that, and many enjoy it. But if youre talking pure gold its currently the "wrong" choice economically. Which again is just all signs pointing to imbalance.

Some might argue as well that folks make crafters for in house. Sure. Lets say you make a carpenter for the bows. Youre using 2.5m in resources to make items on demand that really dont die to durability and are often stacked a mile high in storage shelves. Again, a viable option if for fun, but purely economically it is far and away the wrong answer.

Last edited:
To say that a lot of people have crafters is not inaccurate. However I dont think thats quite the issue here, as due to the state of the economy most crafting skills are better off selling their materials than actually using them to 120. So, while a lot of folks do have their own in house crafters, its not to save money for sure. Its either for fun or to take advantage of the society gold link system. A crafter using societies is absolutely incentivized to 120 on a longer timeframe, one who does not, is not. Which is the main problem, everything is warped because of it. Which is the first sure sign it is imbalanced.

Personally I have gathered enough of each resource to 120 twice over in each, but have yet to because it is so innefficient. Why would I use the 250k boards or more to 120 carpentry when I can just sell the resources and buy the items I need after. Even if I had a choice vendor spot and advertised well, the decision would be purely for fun of running a crafting vendor, not profit. Nothing wrong with that, and many enjoy it. But if youre talking pure gold its currently the "wrong" choice economically. Which again is just all signs pointing to imbalance.

Some might argue as well that folks make crafters for in house. Sure. Lets say you make a carpenter for the bows. Youre using 2.5m in resources to make items on demand that really dont die to durability and are often stacked a mile high in storage shelves. Again, a viable option if for fun, but purely economically it is far and away the wrong answer.
Purely a personal preference but I run 120 crafters exactly for this reason. I dont want to rely on anyone when I need bows, or armor, or tinker stuff, etc. I dont want to spend 10 minutes looking around vendors trying to find exactly what I need. Got a stablemaster for the same reason. I want brutal efficiency since I don't have 8hrs per day to play.

I'd also contend what an earlier post said about a glut of crafter goods due to societies. Those items are pegged to their material costs which are inflated due to the amount of people wanting to run society jobs. Arcane scrolls and plant chem prices would plummet if not for artificers, so in the end you'd be making the same for those crafted goods.

PollyPocket

Apprentice
Testing Patch Contents
All of the following mechanics and changes listed below are now currently on the Test Shard and available for testing for players

Like all Testing patches, the stuff listed below is NOT guaranteed to make it to live, and may be modified or removed entirely, so please keep discussion on the contents listed below civil and constructive. Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------

Mana Refund Chance
Players are now capped at having a maximum Mana Refund Chance of 66% when casting spells (from all bonuses combined)

Material Spellbooks
Players now have the ability to craft Material Spellbooks through the Inscription skill under the "Material Spellbooks" crafting category

Material Spellbooks offer an alternative to Magic Spellbooks (which drop as loot) in that they provide a fairly continuous Mana Regen bonus to the player, rather than the flat Damage Bonus and Mana Refund Chance

Similar to Magic Spellbooks, Material Spellbooks will not provide any bonus to the player while they are currently Flagged in PvP

Material Spellbooks require both some Colored Leather and Colored Boards to craft, along with several blank scrolls

Material Spellbook Durability
Material Spellbook Base Durability (Uses Remaining) begins at 250 and receives bonuses based on the following:

Exceptional Quality: +75 Durability
Mastercrafted: +75 Durability

Dullhide Leather: +50 Durability
Shadowhide Leather: +75 Durability
Copperhide Leather: +100 Durability
Bronzehide Leather: +125 Durability
Goldenhide Leather: +150 Durability
Rosehide Leather: +175 Durability
Verehide Leather: +200 Durability
Valehide Leather: +225 Durability
Avarhide Leather: +250 Durability

Material Spellbook Mana Regen Bonuses
Material Spellbooks provide a chance to double normal Mana Regen amounts when actively or passively meditating (while not Flagged in PvP)

Exceptional Quality: +10% Double Mana Regen Chance

Dullhide Leather: +9% Double Mana Regen Chance
Shadowhide Leather: +11% Double Mana Regen Chance
Copperhide Leather: +13% Double Mana Regen Chance
Bronzehide Leather: +15% Double Mana Regen Chance
Goldenhide Leather: +17% Double Mana Regen Chance
Rosehide Leather: +19% Double Mana Regen Chance
Verehide Leather: +21% Double Mana Regen Chance
Valehide Leather: +23% Double Mana Regen Chance
Avarhide Leather: +25% Double Mana Regen Chance

Storage Shelves
Similar to weapons, players can now store Exceptional Quality Material Spellbooks in Storage Shelves (but cannot store loot-drop Magic Spellbooks in them)

The Shields Category is now the Shields and Spellbooks category

Players can rotate through the different types of Material Spellbooks available by selecting the related Leather type desired (note: there is no "regular" leather version of Material Spellbooks)

In order to add a Material Spellbook to a storage shelf, it must be:
  • Exceptional Quality
  • Fully Repaired
  • Must Not Have any Sage Scroll Charges remaining on it (explained later)

Spellbook Durability
Magic and Material Spellbooks "Uses Remaining" will now be referred to as Durability, to match similar handling to Armor and Weapons

Magic and Material Spellbooks will no longer be deleted when reaching 0 Durability (Uses) similar to Weapons/Armor

Magic and Material Spellbooks will now suffer scaling durability penalties to Spell Damage similar to weapons, except with a maximum penalty of -5% (due to them being optional equipment)

Players can view the Durability of their Magic Spellbooks by using Arms Lore on them or looking at the "Equipment" page of the [Stats menu

Players can view the specific Spell Damage Penalty they are receiving based on the Durability of their Magic and Material Spellbooks in the "Spells" page of the [Stats menu

Spellbook Type Switching
When a player casts a spell using a Magic Spellbook (i.e. Loot Drop spellbook) there is a 60 second delay before they will be able to receive any Mana Regen bonuses from any Material Spellbooks they equip and switch to

When a player regenerates mana using a Material Spellbook, there is a 60 second delay before they will be able to receive any Mana Refund Chances or Damage Bonuses from any Magic Spellbook (i.e. Loot Drop spellbook) they equip and switch to

These switching delays are intended to prevent players from quickly switching back and forth between Magic and Material Spellbooks to gain the benefit of each without suffering the drawbacks of either

Wizard's Tome
Players can now craft Wizard's Tomes using the Inscription skill under the "Books and Tomes" category

Wizard's Tomes function similarily to Summoner's Tomes and Dexer Codexes in that they are Blessed items that are double-clicked to access a "Wizardry Profile" stored for the character

A Wizardry Profile is permanently stored to a character, and cannot be lost: a player who loses their Wizard's Tome can simply aquire a new one and not lose any progress

Wizardry Experience
When characters with a Wizard's Tome kill creatures, they will earn Experience for their Wizardry Profile based on the amount of Spell damage they inflicted on the creature as follows:

Wizardry Experience Earned: (Total Spell Damage Dealt to Creature / Creature Total Health) * Gold Value of Creature

When characters earn enough Wizardry Experience, they unlock a Point to spend in their Wizardry Profile

At the bottom center of the Wizard's Tome menu, players can see their current progress towards earning their next point, as well as how many points they've already earned and spent on the bottom left side of the menu

A player earns enough Wizardry Experience to unlock a Point

Wizardry Points
A player's first Wizardry Point requires 1000 Experience to unlock, and each subsequent point requires an additional 1000 more Experience than the previous point

Players are able to unlock up to a maximum of 50 Wizardry Points

Spell Upgrades
The core of the Wizardry system is spending Wizardry Points to upgrade spells

There are 16 different spells featured in the Wizardry system which can be upgraded by spending Wizardry Points

Each time a player upgrades a spell, they increase it's Spell Tier, and players can upgrade each spell up to three times (to a max of Tier 3)

Players can click the Info button next to each spell to see what bonuses upgrading that spell will give the player, with the the bonus amounts provided by each Spell Tier listed in parenthesis and separated by commas

Players can click the "Spent Points to Raise Tier" button to upgrade the Spell Tier of a spell by spending the points amount listed

Once a spell has been upgraded, it's Spell Tier is depicted as a number of Wizard Hats displayed next to the spell, and the total amount of points spent on that spell are also displayed below

The total amount of Points Spent on all spells combined is displayed on the bottom left area of the menu

Upgrade Point Costs
Each spell has a different range of Point Costs required to upgrade to different Spell Tiers, with most spells following into one of two categories as follows:

Low Impact Spells
Tier 1: 2 Points
Tier 2: 3 Points
Tier 3: 4 Points

High Impact Spells
Tier 1: 4 Points
Tier 2: 5 Points
Tier 3: 6 Points

Resetting Spent Points
When players spend points upgrading Spell Tiers, they are not permanently locked into those choices: players are allowed to Reset their points distributions once every 30 minutes

Players can click (twice) the Reset Spent Points button to refund all of their points spent and can then reallocate them as they see fit

If a player had a Buff or Bonus in place as the result of a Spell Tier upgrade, clicking the Rest Spent Points button will cancel that bonus

Spell Tier Upgrades
When players upgrade Spell Tiers, they will gain access to new bonuses for that spell so long as they are not Flagged in PvP (or when casting a beneficial spell on another player, neither player is Flagged in PvP)

Below is a list of spells featured in the Wizardry system, the Upgrade Costs per Spell Tier, and bonuses provided for each spell

The bonuses listed for spells are in addition to any effects the spell normally has (i.e Mana Vampire will still reduce target's Magic Resist in addition to its Wizardry Mana Refund mechanic)

Create Food
Upgrade Costs: 2, 3, 4 Points
Bonus: Creates a Magic Mushroom bound to caster that restores 25 * (Magery / 100) mana with a cooldown of (3 min, 2 min, 1 min) between uses

Magic Mushroom
Players can double-click a Magic Mushroom bound to them, it will consume the item and restore (25 * (Magery / 100)) Mana
Players may not consume Magic Mushrooms while they are
Flagged in PvP

Harm
Upgrade Costs:
2, 3, 4 Points
Bonus: The first time spell is cast every (60 sec, 40 sec, 20 sec) seconds its damage is increased by 200%

Cure
Upgrade Costs:
2, 3, 4 Points
Bonus: Increases cure chance by (10%, 20%, 30%) of normal

Fireball
Upgrade Costs:
2, 3, 4 Points
Bonus: The first time spell is cast every (60 sec, 40 sec, 20 sec) seconds its damage is increased by 200%

Lightning
Upgrade Costs:
2, 3, 4 Points

Arch Cure
Upgrade Costs:
2, 3, 4 Points
Bonus: Increases cure chance by (10%, 20%, 30%) of normal

Greater Heal
Upgrade Costs:
2, 3, 4 Points
Bonus: Increases healing amounts by (5%, 10%, 15%) of normal

Curse
Upgrade Costs:
4, 5, 6 Points
Bonus: Spells cast by caster against target have their damage increased by (15%, 20%, 25%) for the next 60 seconds

Mana Drain
Upgrade Costs:
4, 5, 6 Points
Bonus: Increases mana refund chance (10%, 15%, 20%) for caster's hostile spells cast against target for next 60 seconds

Mind Blast
Upgrade Costs:
4, 5, 6 Points
Bonus: Increases mana refund chance by (+10%, 15%, 20%)

Energy Bolt
Upgrade Costs:
4, 5, 6 Points
Bonus: Increases charged spell chance by (+15%, +30%, +45%)

Explosion
Upgrade Costs:
4, 5, 6 Points
Bonus: Inflicts (15%, 30%, 45%) damage to another hostile target within 1 tile

Mass Curse
Upgrade Costs:
4, 5, 6 Points
Bonus: Spells cast by caster against targets affected have their damage increased by (15%, 20%, 25%) for the next 60 seconds

Flamestrike
Upgrade Costs:
4, 5, 6 Points
Bonus: Increases damage by (8%, 16%, 24%)

Mana Vampire
Upgrade Costs:
4, 5, 6 Points
Bonus: Increases mana refund chance by (10%, 15%, 20%) for caster's hostile spells cast against target for next 5 minutes

Resurrection
Upgrade Costs:
1, 2, 3 Points
Bonus: Increases mana refund chance by (15%, 30%, 45%)

Test Shard
Players can receive a Wizard's Tome and have 50 Points Unlocked for their character by clicking the "Complete Wizardry Profile" button on the Purple Player Editor statue on the Test Shard

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abandoning Society Jobs
Players now have the ability to Abandon Society Jobs they have taken but have not yet completed

Players can abandon a Society Job they have taken by clicking the "Abandon" button next to the respective job in their Society Job tracking page (Overview Page -> Specific Society Page)

Abandoning a job will completely wipe all progress on the job, but will free up the player to take another job in its place during that week

Society Jobs

Job Types

The following potential Society Job types have been adjusted or removed:

Monster Hunter Society
Removed: Kill Creatures in Slayer Group
Removed: Kill Paragons (Generic)
Removed: Kill Paragons in Slayer Group

Adventurer's Lodge
Removed
: Lockpick Dungeon Chest (Generic)
Removed: Lockpick Paragon Chest
Adjusted: Dungeon Chest 2-4 is now Dungeon Chest Level 2-3
Adjusted: Dungeon Chest 4-6 is now Dungeon Chest Level 4-5

Adjusted: Dungeon Chest 7-8 is now Dungeon Chest 6 and Above (and now has target amounts similar to levels 2-3 and 4-5)

Job Target Values
Conceptually, we have readjusted the "Target Values" needed for most jobs to fall into one of three categories:

"Easy" jobs require a very small amount of time, energy, resources consumed, and is meant to be a job nearly all players can pick up and fairly easily accomplish
"Medium" jobs require a moderate amount of time, energy, resources but should still be accomplishable by most players reasonably during a week
"Hard" jobs require a subsantial amount of time, energy, and resources and are considered to be geared towards "hardcore" players

Creature Killing / Taming
At the start of each week a server-wide audit is conducted in the background that assesses the current spawner potential populations of each creature type in game and checks their spawner frequency

Society job target amounts for jobs that require killing or taming specific target numbers of individual creatures will now automatically be scaled based on that creature's spawn totals and spawner frequency (i.e creatures that only have very few spawn locations and/or spawn slower than other creatures will have a dramatically reduced kill or taming requirement)

Any Taming job for creatures with a 120 Taming requirement will also have a dramatically reduced target value due to the length of time required to tame it

Crafting

Crafting Consumption

All Society Crafting Jobs will now require the items being crafted to be consumed (i.e deleted) in order to count towards society job progress

By default, any crafted items that will contribute to a Society Crafting Job will automatically be consumed UNLESS the player goes into the Society Jobs Overview and deselects the "Contributed Crafted" button next to the job in question

While "Contribute Crafted" is enabled for a Society Crafting Job, each time they craft that particular item (if it matches the exact criteria for Quality / Material), it will automatically consume the item immediately upon crafting and update the player's Progress for that Society Job

Crafting Job Types
We have also eliminated certain "easy to craft" items in certain categories altogether such as level 1-6 scrolls and low level potions (lesser cure, regular strength, etc)

Since we have moved to a consume items created handling, we have also removed most items that required any Mastercrafting Diagrams, a large amount of Arcane Scrolls (such as Rune Tomes), and Aspect Cores/Extracts

A number of new crafting types have been added to different society categories (such as the newly created Materials Spellbooks)

Crafting Job Target Amounts
We have reduced the target amounts for most crafting jobs now that items crafted will be consumed, however jobs that require materials that are NPC purchasable (such as Reagents) will often require a larger amount of crafted items than jobs with harvested materials (Leather/Ingots/Boards)

We have also added a sliding "frequency" scalar that will make jobs requiring higher value materials (such as Avarite, Valorite, Verite) occur less often than before

Jobs that require Exceptional Quality items to be crafted will now require less items crafted to complete than before

I'm reading through the update posted Feb 25. It all looks pretty good to me (mage stuff, societies, etc).

My suggestions:

1) a grimoire would be cooler name than mage tome

2) letting resurrection restore some % of hp/mana with diff ranks might have higher utility.

3) cap the number of creatures that can be hit by CL / MS, but then increase their damage and prevent friendly fire when an NPC is chosen as target.

4) Mind blast already has the best damage per mana ratio of any mage spell. Giving it mana refund I think will lock it down as the only spell mages use (they'll level that first and spam it forever). I think having the rank investment provide dmg multiplier based on target's MR score might work better (make MB hit harder against mobs with high MR). This wouldn't be ignore MR, just a multiplier that boosts the dmg amt prior to resist mitigation.

Last edited:

DUBLINITE

Apprentice
Love the changes! Polly makes a great point about mind blast above. Look forward to testing this out!

One QoL change though....instead of the "reset" button, can their be up/down arrows on the gump to raise/lower each individual spell? Choosing to make one tweak to your settings and having to go adjusted all the spells again will be slightly annoying. People will use these situationally. Also, I'm assuming that all magic mushrooms bound to your name will disappear when you make an adjustment?

Belgarion

Apprentice
On other shards I've played, few people wanted to make crafters and so those that did could make big profits selling crafted goods. Some people seem to have carried that expectation over to Outlands, but I don't think it's ever going to be a thing here,

It DID use to be a thing here. In fact, it is how I made the majority of my money for the first year and a half. It's one of the reasons I started playing here, a thriving economy of player crafted items. Then there was a big change in Artisan experience which was nice - why wouldn't a crafter get experience crafting with an aspect based on that mechanic? Unfortunately this is part of the reason hundreds of players macroed alts to T13 artisan across 3 accounts. The primary incentive was mass society points, I believe. The unfortunate by product has been a wave of "self sufficient" player item crafting, people hanging onto their resource maps instead of selling them and 99% of society points being collected and spent solely on gold links.

The whole 3 account thing is also part of the reason the player crafted economy has suffered but there is nothing that can be done about that.

I don't know what would fix this or if it can be fixed. I do know its not worth my time to find resource maps for sale, complete them, craft and stock vendors anymore. That's too bad, I did enjoy it.

scals

Novice
These changes are great, thank you for listening to the community feedback.

Now that we've figured out how these enhancements are going to be applied we can start testing the spells.

QoL:
Can we please get a system message when the spell bonus cooldown is up so that overhead messages can be created? I really don't want to start being an internal clock counting seconds for each bonus cooldown.

Cure & Arch Cure:
Regular Cure spell should have higher chance modifiers than Arch Cure.

Damage:
These numbers will be based on a battle trainer with 100 resist while using GM Magery and Eval Int with no other bonuses. Charged spell procs were removed from samples.

Harm 10 cast sample size:
  • Regular - 26.7 damage on average
  • Upgraded - 85.9 damage on average
Fireball 10 cast sample size:
  • Regular - 31.9 damage on average
  • Upgraded - 95.1 damage on average
Lightning 10 cast sample size:
  • Regular - 36.3 damage on average
  • Upgraded - 109.3 damage on average
Flamestrike 10 cast sample size:
  • Regular - 181.8 damage on average
  • Tier 3 (+24% damage) - 222.7 damage on average
Healing:
These numbers will be based on using GM Magery no other bonuses.

Greater Healing 10 cast sample size:
  • Regular - 44.8 healing on average
  • Tier 3 (+15% bonus) - 51.9 healing on average
I'll do some more testing with modifiers later

Last edited:
I hope this doesn't force everyone back to Mages! If Mage templates do comparable DPS there is no benefit to playing a non-mage template without the safety and utility Magery provides (Excluding Pure Mage Type Playstyles).

Additionally, did you guys forget the skill requirements for the Wizardry Tome? Dexers are forced into a pure Dexer template, should this hold true for the Wizardry? ....heck, Summoner's Tome as well?

All this is off the top of my head and not deeply thought through, just some worries!

Should playstyles that sit behind Summons & Pets do comparable DPS to pure dexers and pure mages who have no way of avoiding damage other than taking it to the face?

Last edited:

scals

Novice
I hope this doesn't force everyone back to Mages! If Mage templates do comparable DPS there is no benefit to playing a non-mage template without the safety and utility Magery provides.

Additionally, did you guys forget the skill requirements for the Wizardry Tome? Dexers are forced into a pure Dexer template, should this hold true for the Wizardry? ....heck, Summoner's Tome as well?

All this is off the top of my head and not deeply thought through, just some worries!
I initially thought about the skill bindings like the dexer codex uses, but what skills would they use? Mages have like 3 skills (magery, med, eval) and almost all mage based classes use them.