What's new

PATCH Patch Notes for March 27, 2021

Luthius

Developer
Staff Member
Arena
  • We have implemented some new server code that hopefully should fix an issue with the lag and desynchronizations players sometimes experience while dueling or participating in tournaments
  • Arena Tournaments Menu will now display multiple upcoming tournaments so long as one is not currently doing signups
  • Added a View Ruleset menu for Boxing Tournaments

St Patrick's Event
  • The Lucky Horseshoe reward item from our recent St Patrick's event (for players earning reward rank 65% - 90%) has now been distributed to player's bank boxes (and is queued into your bank if your bank is currently full)

Aspects
  • When players activate Void aspect, it will begin with its cooldown in place (to prevent players from fast-switching to it for instant heals / instant mana)
  • If players switch out of Artisan Aspect, any Artisan Repair Kit or Artisan Fortify Special effects they gave to themselves or other players will no longer work (until they return to Artisan Aspect)

Rental Rooms
  • Fixed an issue where players Transfering a house to another player wouldn't cancel the new house owner's Rental Room Contracts

Adventurer's Rope
  • Fixed an issue where using Adventurer's Rope would trigger the PvP Cooldown even before PvP had occurred

Treasure Map Chests
  • Players must now wait 60 seconds after digging up a Treasure Map Chest before they can use the "Pull Spawn" mechanic to pull spawned creatures to the chest

Aquariums
  • Any player can now view the contents of an Aquarium (only the Owner and Co-Owner can modifiy its contents, however)
  • Aquariums when chopped up (using an axe) will now place all Aquarium Creatures inside into the player's backpack (or will drop on the ground in the case of an IDOC)

Wizard's Grimoire
  • Players can now use the [WizardrySounds command (or goto Paperdoll -> Help -> Commands -> Mechanics -> Wizardry Sounds) to enable or disable sounds being played when players Upgrade their Wizardry Spells in the Wizard's Grimoire

Player Stats
  • Fixed an issue that was causing "Effective Parry Skill" to not show correctly in the [stats menu in some cases

Society Jobs
  • Reduced the amount of Lethal Poison Potions needing to be crafted for Society jobs by 33% (due to the low crafting success chance of them)
  • Fixed an issue that was causing Bosses and Minions being killed in Boss Rooms as counting towards Wilderness Creature region jobs

Containers
  • Fixed an issue that was causing some mechanics that check for locked containers to not check the entire "chain" of nested containers above the current one (such as adding items into a Aspect Item tome using the "Add All in Backpack" option)

Last edited:

DkH.ZeRa

Apprentice
Aspects: When players activate Void aspect, it will begin with its cooldown in place (to prevent players from fast-switching to it for instant heals / instant mana)
I dont understand changes like this. So its not allowed to use game mechanics which lasted for 3 years.
Its also not allowed to level void to aspect level 13 (spending all the money and time) to get a little mechanic which was always super situational and gives the game more depth and possibilities.

What the hell is even "fast-switching"? There is a minute cooldown on SWITCHING aspect armors and there was always a cooldown on life / mana / stam regeneration. There was no fast-switching since Daeriks aspect switching GIF.

Strider

Neophyte
Could I suggest 30 seconds on the t map chest to pull monsters. 60 seconds is a long wait if they spawn on the other side of a wall or something. I am not really a fan of any timer, but I guess the intent is to nerf trapper map speed.
I 4th this

Memphist

Neophyte
Could I suggest 30 seconds on the t map chest to pull monsters. 60 seconds is a long wait if they spawn on the other side of a wall or something. I am not really a fan of any timer, but I guess the intent is to nerf trapper map speed.
There are not many map locations aorund where the monsters can spwan behind a wall. But its a little nerf (little,little) for the op trap t-map built. It looks like you have such a built, i like the change but its still to less.

Last edited:

AreYouKidden

Legendary
There are not many map locations aorund where the monsters can spwan behind a wall. But its a little nerf for the trap t-map built. It looks like you have such a built, i like the change.
Ironically on Saturday before the change, I hit 3 maps out of the 12 I did, that spawned maps behind walls.. if this change was in place I would have spent 10-15s to run around the walls to get to them, and to run back to do the chest. I'm a fan of the change - but also believe 60s is just far too long, 30s solves the issue without being too lengthy. I run a straight summoner build - no bomb blowing for me - but 60s would have felt horrible this weekend.

With that said - if I have 1 map each week that has mobs trapped behind a wall, I'd be surprised. This weekend was really an anomaly with 3 of them.

It just depends a bit on luck and also how many treasure maps you do. It doesn't really nerf trappers much, you can just throw a summoned pet on the chest to attract all the mobs before bombing now, and you dont want to be too close to the summon in case some creatures have hard hitting aoe. Most maps everything is close enough that you don't need to even use a summon. However when you do a map where a spawn is not able to be accessed easily it now gives more time for criminals to come catch you.