What's new

Reverse Stealing?

Falcon Wanderer

Journeyman
This idea is brand new so far as I know. It was suggested by Sexpower #7802 in discord. The idea is to add reverse stealing to the thief skill abilities either through aspect as suggested by Blaise or just through membership in the Thieves Guild once it is hashed out and becomes active. The specifics behind the idea are simply as a way to add an item to someone's pack that you are snooping, either as a joke with a note, or as something more sinister with a trapped chest or box. The idea is simply meant as a fun additive to thieving and might curtail some taking in favor of joke making. I also has the thought that there could be a stone or rune that was able to be enchanted to cause one item to be returned to you if you were targeted by a thief, and maybe for fun it would take one of the thief's items with it. You would of course have to have it re-enchanted each time afterwards, maybe a limit on how often you could recharge it would prevent abuse by locking thieves out altogether. If you like the idea post here so we can let the bosses know.

Last edited:

Pen

Novice
Because there is no point in wasting Devs time even reading ur post.. I was hoping for something interesting.. but that would take alot of work for basically nothing

Green Viper

Neophyte
Don't sweat this guy, Falcon Wanderer. This idea isn't brand new, but it's the first time I've heard it brought up here.

Not sure what the dev requirements would be, as Pen may be correct with his assertion, however blunt.

A thief calling card would be appreciated as part of the upcoming Thieves Guild content.

Elric

Journeyman
i already am, u aren't included
Don't worry about Pen pal there. He made this account basically to show everyone that his skill in being a dick has increased by 0.1 and it is now 125.0. So maybe just congratulate him on becoming a legendary dick.

Pen

Novice
Don't worry about Pen pal there. He made this account basically to show everyone that his skill in being a dick has increased by 0.1 and it is now 125.0. So maybe just congratulate him on becoming a legendary dick.
ya, I made this account in 2018 just so I could wait till someone posted this. You added so much to this convo! It almost feels like you came in here to add something besides cuddling up to falcons butt.

Do either of you even have a thief? Why in the world would dev waste time on something no one is gonna use. They would never allow u to put tinker traps in someone's bag. You cant even steal bags here.

Allowing Disarm stealing without a cd would be much better if the thieves guild is added.

Elric

Journeyman

Someone presented an idea and it is up to the shard owners if this is something worth pursuing. Posting "waste of Dev time" or "Because there is no point in wasting Devs time even reading ur post.. I was hoping for something interesting.. but that would take alot of work for basically nothing" does nothing of worth for the OP and just enforces your legendary dick title. But if you do in fact manage Luthius' task list for him then I would need to apologize as you would truly determine what is and is not on the list of things that are not a waste of dev time. Keep practicing though because you could make it to 130.0 before the day is out.

Pen

Novice
Could you plz stop referring to my genitals? Once again you added nothing. Except you like to cuddle people's bad ideas.

This sounds like a fun and hilarious idea to me. Definitely worth looking into as long as is not take a disproportionate amount of Dev time. However, I fear this might be the case here. Being able to add an item to someone's pack could open a Pandora's box of new intended/unintended griefing options.

Just because an idea doesn't necessarily fix the classes biggest issues doesn't mean it's not worth looking into. Good idea Falcon.

waste of Dev time.
It's hardly anything to code. Willing to bed its less than 5 lines of code to do something so simple. Stealing in this version of UO is so horribly broken it's pathetic. I support anything along these lines being added. What was a waste of time as creating a GM thief. Whoever designed stealing to be like this must have been one of those pathetic players who can't avoid thieves.