What's new

Taming Overhaul Patch Testing Patch

Maynard

Master
As part of this taming overhaul, can you please change how stabling fees are handled? Especially if we're going to be using a lot more pets. I hate looking into my stables and seeing a pet that costs 10K just to retrieve.

- Get rid of stabling fees entirely?
- Add a customization to get rid of fees entirely (a one-time payment of 1 mil for free lifetime stabling)?
- Weekly/monthly stable fee payment that works like a bus pass? i.e. Pay the monthly payment and get unlimited stabling for that month.

Lemora

Apprentice
As part of this taming overhaul, can you please change how stabling fees are handled? Especially if we're going to be using a lot more pets. I hate looking into my stables and seeing a pet that costs 10K just to retrieve.

- Get rid of stabling fees entirely?
- Add a customization to get rid of fees entirely (a one-time payment of 1 mil for free lifetime stabling)?
- Weekly/monthly stable fee payment that works like a bus pass? i.e. Pay the monthly payment and get unlimited stabling for that month.
Taming is already essentially free and riskless on this shard since bonded pets never die. On top of being the lowest risk method of farming. Stable costs are minimal yet important.

Maynard

Master
Taming is already essentially free and riskless on this shard since bonded pets never die. On top of being the lowest risk method of farming. Stable costs are minimal yet important.
I guess I fail to see their purpose or importance. I just see them as annoyances.

I'd much rather pay a flat 1 mil to not have to worry about having enough gold in my bank to take a pet out. I think that'd probably sink more gold than a year of moving and paying for pets in and out.

edit: this should only apply to taking pets in and out of stables. There should still be a fee for retrieving lost pets or using the stables to res your pets.

Last edited:

Lemora

Apprentice
I guess I fail to see their purpose or importance. I just see them as annoyances.

I'd much rather pay a flat 1 mil to not have to worry about having enough gold in my bank to take a pet out. I think that'd probably sink more gold than a year of moving and paying for pets in and out.
Because it requires you to consider each individual pet.

Laughing Skull

Apprentice

edit: this should only apply to taking pets in and out of stables. There should still be a fee for retrieving lost pets or using the stables to res your pets.
All classes have mechanics like this, Summoner Summoning Stone, Dexer Potions, etc... I guess they are just in to make us think twice before we make decisions?

oroechimaru

Grandmaster
Since cap is 25% for speed (leveling), possibly consider “1 unique trait” that tamers could allocate 10% in (speed, hp etc). Maybe that gives some flexibility like a dnd “roll of 18 primary stat”

Possibly a secondary trait 5%

This could unlock after an xp sync on that pet similar to codex after level 10.

earn 1% for x xp farmed in primary and 0.5 % in secondary

This is a huge amount of work involved in making all of these changes. Big thanks to the staff for their commitment. I am not a tamer and I can't understand more then 20% of the things here. My only concern is that the game will not become so complex that players that are not geniuses will no longer understand it.
I am no genius o_O.

Other thoughts about random chance:
"We have overhauled the handling on Tamed and Summoned spellcasters to streamline the damage outputs from their spells, as the previous system was wildly variable and hard to balance, as well as hard for players to get a good assessment of what values to expect from their casters spell damage."

I believe the game is really fun to play because of this randomness present in the old system. Having everything predictable and getting all the time the damage you expect I think will spoil some of the fun. Also, in reality, sometimes in the heat of battle you do better damage, sometimes you fizzle and hit bad or even miss. I find really fun these random amazingly good hits and hit my head on the table for the stupid failures.

I am just saying that I think luck should also play a role.

Currently I believe vet supplies have a max rez chance of 50% because that is half of your chance to rez pets once you hit GM vet or greater. Any chance of making it so that vet above GM grants more chance to rez pets with pet supplies? I doubt many people would go past gm vet anyways, but thinking of something that would be relates to taming overhaul

Speaking of things related to taming overhaul.....

Can we get a pet default renaming deed!!??

That way when I buy BoJANgles the sandroach I can return them to their gods given name of "a giant sandroach".

Ty.
Pet naming rules make no sense to me
I name my pets after Lamborghini's. I can't name a pet "Miura" but people can walk around named "Oxycodone". Huh

Owyn

Administrator
Staff Member
Pet naming rules make no sense to me
I name my pets after Lamborghini's. I can't name a pet "Miura" but people can walk around named "Oxycodone". Huh
You don't understand how the rules work.

You can't name a pet after a player. If a player is named Miura, you won't be able to call your pet Miura.

Skrypt

Apprentice
Ebb n Flow still a confusing gimmick that no summoner wants.

Player feedback here and in discord has made it clear no one wants a damage bonus in what was previously a pure tanking upgrade.
Despite player feedback, all 3 iterations have doubled down on incorporating a damage bonus.

There are no tactics/strategy that arise out of the 30s alternating behavior.
Effectively is simply 10% damage + 10% damage resist...
But it costs 4pts more than Eldritch Essence 10% Eval + 20% Magic Resist.

What gameplay purpose does it serve for players other than trying to fit the phrase “Ebb n Flow”?

Please don't make gimmick mechanics.
Please remove damage bonus from a tanking upgrade.
Please listen to player feedback on what they want out of a tanking upgrade on their tanking summon.

Last edited:

Hiids

Neophyte
I am confused by some of the grouping. You have a frog group but some frogs are not in it, same with bats cryptwings are basically a different color devil bat but they are not in it. Also with the large amount of slime types why would they not be grouped... and they should have regen still as they eat and absord there victims, makes as much sense to remove as it did putting cryptwing in the burrow group.

Since the recent change to pet spell damage, ALL pet spells tested on players are currently doing 1 damage. Shadow minion spells doing 1 damage, nightmare spells doing 1 damage, even a flamestrike from a wisp is doing 1 damage.

I believe this was an error that needs fix.

Thanks

Nimious

Novice
Pets need to go back to how it was originally, dealing actual amounts of considerable damage for how much a tamer cost and how easily a tamer can be killed, blood pets doing increased healing with the fucking 500k invested for extra blood from damage they deal... which is a bullshit gold sink like a lot of things in this sever if you ask me. This is why I name my pets F U Oh Win, just like my alt. :p

Vem

Journeyman
Traits should just be random instead of grouped, it would be good for the market and build variety.

Mephilic

Neophyte
Pet Breeding / Genetics:
All creatures should be breedable beyond just mounts and the system should be expanded upon. This would add more depth into taming and could even form a pet market and perhaps add additional gold sink to what is argued to be the best farming character while also adding just a little more personal preference to ones pet.

Sex Stat: All tamable creatures should be assigned a sex. Upon taming a male and female of the same creature this would enable breeding when both creatures are enabled and within proximity of each other. A cooldown should be placed limiting spam usage of this to prevent abuse and perhaps limiting the usage of the pets during this duration?

Pet Breeding: There is two ways I could think of that this could be taken either having them in open world near proximity or within the stables together and accessed via a button.

Gene inheritance: This would be based around the pets base stats and would be maxed out at 10% which is default but would enable the possibility to breed a pet with maxed states with given effort adding a more creative and interactive route to using animal lore on spawns in search of a perfect stat pet but without removing the motivation to search for high stated pets whose genes could be added to the potential gene pool. The stat given should always be one of the stats from the parents.

Gene Mutations: Allow the mutation of 0-2 stats by a small amount at random with each generation. This small amount could be positive or negative but not exceeding -/+0.10% in value.

Bypass Pet Claim Limit: Allow 1 pet ( not slot) past the limit when claiming a pet from the stablemaster to allow the breeding of pets that may in total exceed the pet slot limit.

Upgrade stable slots: Allow the purchase of upgradable stable slots.

Color variation: Allow the slight variation of colors within tamable creatures.

Color Inheritance: Allow colors to be inherited from one of the parents.

Color mutation: A rare chance of a color with a rare chance of a color that would be unobtainable from spawned tames.

Spell/Ability Color mutation: A rare chance to mutate the color of the effects within reason.

Pack weight gene: A unique gene among pack animals that has a chance to increase carry weight on the creature by a small amount being limited at no more than 10% from the base value.

Last edited:
"The max amount of skill difference a player can take advantage of with Underdog is 75; i.e. a player at 120 Taming skill will not receive any additional bonuses for using creatures with a min taming of below 50 skill"

I am confused. Isn't 120 - 75 = 45?

Luthius

Developer
Staff Member
"The max amount of skill difference a player can take advantage of with Underdog is 75; i.e. a player at 120 Taming skill will not receive any additional bonuses for using creatures with a min taming of below 50 skill"

I am confused. Isn't 120 - 75 = 45?
Oh, actually I'll rephrase that. But it should be 120 - 50 = 70