What's new

To the people saying nerf tamers..

It's the same afk macro off jeweles github made by rideable llama. I made a 105 tamer, know many that have made 120 tamers, and if you're not killed by reds killing naked tamers, it's no harder than GMing swords or tactics. Sure, if you do it "the old style" without the macro it's time consuming, but it is by no stretch of the imagination "hard".

It's the same afk macro off jeweles github made by rideable llama. I made a 105 tamer, know many that have made 120 tamers, and if you're not killed by reds killing naked tamers, it's no harder than GMing swords or tactics. Sure, if you do it "the old style" without the macro it's time consuming, but it is by no stretch of the imagination "hard".

Link this macro your talking about i dont see it..

LOL. 100% bullshit dexxer propaganda. You already got tamers nerfed to the point where people are quitting, you can stop now.
Lol, ok. I wasn't in favor of the tamer pvp nerfs cutting as deep as they did, I loved having my guild mates wreck reds that attacked bosses my guild summoned. I'm just not buying the "ohh tamers are soooooo hard" bullshit. Anything that can be afk macrod isn't hard.

Expensive? Sure, I'll buy that. But I've also spent however much to buy 270k ingots to 120 smithing and 650k+ on a 120 poison/120 taste id nox mage. I've got 6 or 7 gm mages. Gold is gold. I haven't eaten a single skill orb because I've sold 60+ from boss drops to fund all the different characters I've leveled instead. I could have spent that gold on a 120 tamer instead, but tamers bore me.

End of the day, taming is no harder to afk macro than any other character on this shard outside of gatherers, and that's only because you have to actually watch your gatherers. It's UO, skill gain has never been hard, it just takes time, and here on outlands you can hit gm in 72 hours of taming time and 120 in about 97 hours of tame time after that. Sorry if you took longer because you don't know how to macro efficiently.

Lol, ok. I wasn't in favor of the tamer pvp nerfs cutting as deep as they did, I loved having my guild mates wreck reds that attacked bosses my guild summoned. I'm just not buying the "ohh tamers are soooooo hard" bullshit. Anything that can be afk macrod isn't hard.

Expensive? Sure, I'll buy that. But I've also spent however much to buy 270k ingots to 120 smithing and 650k+ on a 120 poison/120 taste id nox mage. I've got 6 or 7 gm mages. Gold is gold. I haven't eaten a single skill orb because I've sold 60+ from boss drops to fund all the different characters I've leveled instead. I could have spent that gold on a 120 tamer instead, but tamers bore me.

End of the day, taming is no harder to afk macro than any other character on this shard outside of gatherers, and that's only because you have to actually watch your gatherers. It's UO, skill gain has never been hard, it just takes time, and here on outlands you can hit gm in 72 hours of taming time and 120 in about 97 hours of tame time after that. Sorry if you took longer because you don't know how to macro efficiently.
So you don't know what your talking about and just want to ramble on? Again all you have to do is post a script that allows you to do it afk..Weird you can't provide one? Strange you would not just post to to piss people off..

So you don't know what your talking about and just want to ramble on? Again all you have to do is post a script that allows you to do it afk..Weird you can't provide one? Strange you would not just post to to piss people off..
I'll gladly post it when I'm home, I'm at a hotel tonight after taking my kids to a waterpark. It's not a secret script by any means.

Yeah i must admit i really enjoy watching my pets cast at kindergarten levels, literally 30 eval/30 magery vs players with resist.

The nerf went way overboard.

This is the problem with 2019, leaders pander to a vocal minority that whinge until they get their way.

Yeah i must admit i really enjoy watching my pets cast at kindergarten levels, literally 30 eval/30 magery vs players with resist.

The nerf went way overboard.

This is the problem with 2019, leaders pander to a vocal minority that whinge until they get their way.
Lol or maybe the problem is they are bitching about something not even related to the post?

And everyone is still waiting..
// AutoTame v1.1

// Written by: a rideable llama

////////////////

//Define the tank pet

if not listexists 'Tankpet'

sysmsg 'Please select your tanking pet

promptalias 'Tankpet'

createlist 'Tankpet'

endif

//Clear taming alias

@cleartargetqueue

@unsetalias 'pet'

@createlist 'pets'

@clearlist 'pets'

//Heals pet even if there's no tame target (just in case something else aggros)

if maxhits 'Tankpet' > diffhits 'Tankpet'

if inrange 'Tankpet' 1

headmsg 'Healing Tankpet'

bandage

autotargetobject 'Tankpet'

pause 6000

endif

endif

//Clears target queue from previous heal

@cleartargetqueue

//Define graphics of the pets you wish to tame

//Shallow Water (50.0 - 52.5)

pushlist 'pets' 0x33

//Sand Crab (55.0 - 70.0)

pushlist 'pets' 0x2d9

//Cave Bear (60.0 - 62.5)

pushlist 'pets' 0xd5

//Carrion Beetle (65.0 - 67.5)

//pushlist 'pets' 0xa9

//Scarab (70.0 - 72.5)

//pushlist 'pets' 0xa9

//Drake Whelp (75.0 - 77.5)

pushlist 'pets' 0x2ce

//Bullvore (80.0 - 82.5)

pushlist 'pets' 0x2cb

//Drake (85.0 - 87.5)

//pushlist 'pets' 0x3c

pushlist 'pets' 0x3d

//Husk Crab (90.0 - 92.5)

pushlist 'pets' 0x2d9

//Molten Mongbat (95.0 - 97.5)

pushlist 'pets' 0x27

//Snow Drift (100.0 - 102.5)

pushlist 'pets' 0x33

pushlist 'pets' 0x3a

//Earth Drake (105.0 - 107.5)

pushlist 'pets' 0x3c

pushlist 'pets' 0x3d

//Aegis Minion (110.0 - 112.5)

pushlist 'pets' 0x308

//Earth Dragon (115.0 - 117.5)

pushlist 'pets' 0x3a

pushlist 'pets' 0x3b

// Search

if not @findobject 'pet'

for 0 to 'pets'

if @findtype 'pets[]' 'any' 'ground'

@setalias 'pet' 'found'

break

endif

endfor

endif

// tame

if @inrange 'pet' 7

headmsg 'Taming Pet'

clearjournal

useskill 'animal taming'

waitfortarget 3000

target! 'pet'

pause 3000

// wait for tame, heal tank pet

while name 'pet' != 'killme'

useskill 'animal taming'

waitfortarget 3000

target! 'pet'

pause 3000

if inrange 'Tankpet' 1

bandage

pause 6000

bandage

endif

endif

pause 6000

@rename 'pet' 'killme'

endwhile

// kill

while target 'pet' name 'killme'

headmsg 'Killing Pet'

msg "all kill"

waitfortarget 5000

target! 'pet'

attack! 'pet'

pause 5000

if inrange 'Tankpet' 1

bandage

pause 6100

endif

endif

@unsetalias 'pet'

replay

pause 1000

endwhile

endif

@unsetalias 'pet'

#bansteam

Maati

Counselor
Staff member
Counselor
We are discussing pet balancing changes in our staff chat currently. We monitor discord, forums, and watch pet PvP engagements in-game as much as we possible can. We are aware of the balance of pets after the PvP Patch and are working towards some adjustments that will be favorable to PvM tamers while not overpowering PvP tamer builds.

We try to do the best we can with our changes, but given the scale of test vs live content, it is difficult to always pinpoint the perfect place with the first iteration of changes. We feel that our pet balance patch was close to being right but slightly harsher than we wanted for some of the more used PvM pets when defending themselves in PvP.

Pets will never again be in a place where they are one-shotting players as before, but we believe some slight buffs are warranted for some unique situations. The majority of those situations stem from the way pets are specced for PvM and PvP. If a player has specced his or her pet for PvP, then that players pets are usually pretty good in PvP and offer a good bit of damage supplement for the skill points invested when combined with other PvP skills. However, we believe a lot of the balance issues are related to pet choices from PvPers compared to PvMers. The PvMers are using a variety of different pets that are inherently weaker in PvP compared to the PvP tamers.

When the combination of weaker PvP pet choices and PvM specced pets clashes with a PvPer the result is less than ideal for the PvMer.

Therefore our solution is going to be in an examination of our balances towards those PvM type pets and how we can slightly buff them to put them on par with PvP type pets.

We don't have any numbers available to publicly post yet, but we are working on the details currently. Please remember that we do the best we can for our players and we value your constructive opinions and thoughtful feedback.

Last edited:
We are discussing pet balancing changes in our staff chat currently. We monitor discord, forums, and watch pet PvP engagements in-game as much as we possible can. We are aware of the balance of pets after the PvP Patch and are working towards some adjustments that will be favorable to PvM tamers while not overpowering PvP tamer builds.

We try to do the best we can with our changes, but given the scale of test vs live content, it is difficult to always pinpoint the perfect place with the first iteration of changes. We feel that our pet balance patch was close to being right but slightly harsher than we wanted for some of the more used PvM pets when defending themselves in PvP.

Pets will never again be in a place where they are one-shotting players as before, but we believe some slight buffs are warranted for some unique situations. The majority of those situations stem from the way pets are specced for PvM and PvP. If a player has specced his or her pet for PvP, then that players pets are usually pretty good in PvP and offer a good bit of damage supplement for the skill points invested when combined with other PvP skills. However, we believe a lot of the balance issues are related to pet choices from PvPers compared to PvMers. The PvMers are using a variety of different pets that are inherently weaker in PvP compared to the PvP tamers.

When the combination of weaker PvP pet choices and PvM specced pets clashes with a PvPer the result is less than ideal for the PvMer.

Therefore our solution is going to be in an examination of our balances towards those PvM type pets and how we can slightly buff them to put them on part with PvP type pets.

We don't have any numbers available to publicly post yet, but we are working on the details currently. Please remember that we do the best we can for our players and we value your constructive opinions and thoughtful feedback.

Lord I have no idea what to think but Im glad you guys are still working on it..Great job!

The 1 shotting from the searing bullovore was obviously OP, likewise some spell damage.

But the way it is currently - lol

When your pet consistently does 16 hp damage flamestrikes.... just lol!

// AutoTame v1.1

////////////////

//Define the tank pet

promptalias 'Tankpet'

createlist 'Tankpet'

endif

//Clear taming alias

@cleartargetqueue

@unsetalias 'pet'

@createlist 'pets'

@clearlist 'pets'

if inrange 'Tankpet' 1

bandage

pause 6000

endif

endif

@cleartargetqueue

pushlist 'pets' 0x33

pushlist 'pets' 0x2d9

pushlist 'pets' 0xd5

//pushlist 'pets' 0xa9

//Scarab (70.0 - 72.5)

//pushlist 'pets' 0xa9

pushlist 'pets' 0x2ce

//Bullvore (80.0 - 82.5)

pushlist 'pets' 0x2cb

//Drake (85.0 - 87.5)

//pushlist 'pets' 0x3c

pushlist 'pets' 0x3d

pushlist 'pets' 0x2d9

pushlist 'pets' 0x27

pushlist 'pets' 0x33

pushlist 'pets' 0x3a

pushlist 'pets' 0x3c

pushlist 'pets' 0x3d

pushlist 'pets' 0x308

pushlist 'pets' 0x3a

pushlist 'pets' 0x3b

// Search

if not @findobject 'pet'

for 0 to 'pets'

@setalias 'pet' 'found'

break

endif

endfor

endif

// tame

if @inrange 'pet' 7

headmsg 'Taming Pet'

clearjournal

useskill 'animal taming'

waitfortarget 3000

target! 'pet'

pause 3000

useskill 'animal taming'

waitfortarget 3000

target! 'pet'

pause 3000

if inrange 'Tankpet' 1

bandage

pause 6000

bandage

endif

endif

pause 6000

@rename 'pet' 'killme'

endwhile

// kill

headmsg 'Killing Pet'

msg "all kill"

waitfortarget 5000

target! 'pet'

attack! 'pet'

pause 5000

if inrange 'Tankpet' 1

bandage

pause 6100

endif

endif

@unsetalias 'pet'

replay

pause 1000

endwhile

endif

@unsetalias 'pet'

#bansteam
Well I have tried this script and Yes its buggy but once you get the bugs out it does work really well. I feel like a moron doing 120 the old way but alas you learn as you go. I still think the nerf on tamers is totally bogus for the aspect of pets are now worthless in pvp So If I get attacked by a red Im pretty screwed.

// AutoTame v1.1

////////////////

//Define the tank pet

promptalias 'Tankpet'

createlist 'Tankpet'

endif

//Clear taming alias

@cleartargetqueue

@unsetalias 'pet'

@createlist 'pets'

@clearlist 'pets'

if inrange 'Tankpet' 1

bandage

pause 6000

endif

endif

@cleartargetqueue

pushlist 'pets' 0x33

pushlist 'pets' 0x2d9

pushlist 'pets' 0xd5

//pushlist 'pets' 0xa9

//Scarab (70.0 - 72.5)

//pushlist 'pets' 0xa9

pushlist 'pets' 0x2ce

//Bullvore (80.0 - 82.5)

pushlist 'pets' 0x2cb

//Drake (85.0 - 87.5)

//pushlist 'pets' 0x3c

pushlist 'pets' 0x3d

pushlist 'pets' 0x2d9

pushlist 'pets' 0x27

pushlist 'pets' 0x33

pushlist 'pets' 0x3a

pushlist 'pets' 0x3c

pushlist 'pets' 0x3d

pushlist 'pets' 0x308

pushlist 'pets' 0x3a

pushlist 'pets' 0x3b

// Search

if not @findobject 'pet'

for 0 to 'pets'

@setalias 'pet' 'found'

break

endif

endfor

endif

// tame

if @inrange 'pet' 7

headmsg 'Taming Pet'

clearjournal

useskill 'animal taming'

waitfortarget 3000

target! 'pet'

pause 3000

useskill 'animal taming'

waitfortarget 3000

target! 'pet'

pause 3000

if inrange 'Tankpet' 1

bandage

pause 6000

bandage

endif

endif

pause 6000

@rename 'pet' 'killme'

endwhile

// kill

headmsg 'Killing Pet'

msg "all kill"

waitfortarget 5000

target! 'pet'

attack! 'pet'

pause 5000

if inrange 'Tankpet' 1

bandage

pause 6100

endif

endif

@unsetalias 'pet'

replay

pause 1000

endwhile

endif

@unsetalias 'pet'

#bansteam
How do I get the script to only bandage the tankpet if its below, say, 75% of health? I feel like I'm wasting bandages healing the tankpet every 5 seconds.

Maati

Counselor
Staff member
Counselor
Please leave any feedback regarding the changes here. We are trying to address the concerns I previously posted and we think this goes a long way towards that.

It's still pretty bad, but it's not laughably terrible anymore which is probably the best we can hope for.

Imo, blanket nerfs are always the wrong approach when there's such wide variance between pvm and pvp specced tamers, pvm and pvp pets, gm and 120 tamers, and starter tamers vs endgame tamers with high-level aspect/mastery chains. Nerfs across the board are obviously going to make the weaker end of this continuum even weaker.