What's new

Tracking?

jopromol

Neophyte
all I see is that I have gm tracking now and I get 25% dmg increase to pvm when I have hunting on and I think it reads a 10% increase to pvp. not bad I guess

its also adding a 10% barding skill increase.

PvM

• When tracking a creature, the on-screen tracking arrow will update every second with the creature's new location
  • Players receive a (25% * (Tracking Skill / 100)) damage bonus against any creatures while they have some form of tracking active (either Hunting mode active or tracking an individual target of any type)
  • Players also receive an Effective Barding skill bonus against their Marked creature target of (10 * (Tracking Skill / 100))

PvP

• When tracking another player, the on-screen tracking arrow will simply point to the player's last location at the time the tracking skill was made, and will not update it's location if the player moves (as it does with creatures)
  • Players receive a (10% * (Tracking Skill / 100)) damage bonus against other players while they have some form of tracking active (either Hunting mode active or tracking an individual target of any type)

A general rule of thumb for me is to neglect the wiki as it doesnt seem to be updated at all. I use this Post for all things Skill related:
http://forums.uooutlands.com/index.php?threads/skills-summary-version-3-0.557/

Edit: The above bonuses apply simply by tracking, it doesnt only apply to the tracked target,

Correct, more tiles (Along with an increase to your damage bonus from 25% at GM → 30% at 120). Looks like in a Dungeon it would be 58 tiles at 120 vs. 50 at GM. In my experience 100 tracking with immediate response has always been plenty to avoid PKs. The only situation I ever run into troubles is if I am running towards the PK and the PK is running toward me, combined with a horribly timed passive tracking refresh, they can pop up on you. However, usually all 3 of those things things don't align at once.

From my personal experience I hate PvMing without tracking and camping. With tracking I just outright avoid PKs altogether. Most dungeons I can just make a big loop around wherever it looks like their going. You just have to understand how the tracking works and assume they are about 10 steps closer than what tracking tells you (due to the refresh).

See more information on the Wiki:
https://uooutlands.com/wiki/Tracking

Last edited:

GKhan187

Neophyte
Correct, more tiles (Along with an increase to your damage bonus from 25% at GM → 30% at 120). Looks like in a Dungeon it would be 58 tiles at 120 vs. 50 at GM. In my experience 100 tracking with immediate response has always been plenty to avoid PKs. The only situation I ever run into troubles is if I am running towards the PK and the PK is running toward me, combined with a horribly timed passive tracking refresh, they can pop up on you. However, usually all 3 of those things things don't align at once.

From my personal experience I hate PvMing without tracking and camping. With tracking I just outright avoid PKs altogether. Most dungeons I can just make a big loop around wherever it looks like their going. You just have to understand how the tracking works and assume they are about 10 steps closer than what tracking tells you (due to the refresh).

See more information on the Wiki:
https://uooutlands.com/wiki/Tracking

Thanks for the reply, im about late getting back on here. I was just curious about what it gives you. Im still fairly new to this shard. But thanks for the intel sir.