What's new

Cooking Idea

- At GM Cooking players under the effect of a food satisfaction buff receive a Damage Bonus of 25% (Just like any damage increase skill)
- At GM Cooking players under the effect of a food satisfaction feel better (for lack of a better description) increasing their weight capacity by (50 * Cooking Skill / 100) stones (1/4 of what camping is)
- At GM Cooking players gain the Lure ablity (along with a new food item, let's say.... Monster Bait) double clicking this new food item, Monster Bait, will place this item at the players feet. Any monster within 12 tiles will be lured to the food item and consume the item.............. should I stop there? Should the food regenerate mob HP? Buff the Mob? Increase loot?

Markar

Neophyte
- At GM Cooking players under the effect of a food satisfaction buff receive a Damage Bonus of 25% (Just like any damage increase skill)
- At GM Cooking players under the effect of a food satisfaction feel better (for lack of a better description) increasing their weight capacity by (50 * Cooking Skill / 100) stones (1/4 of what camping is)
- At GM Cooking players gain the Lure ablity (along with a new food item, let's say.... Monster Bait) double clicking this new food item, Monster Bait, will place this item at the players feet. Any monster within 12 tiles will be lured to the food item and consume the item.............. should I stop there? Should the food regenerate mob HP? Buff the Mob? Increase loot?
I like it. What else do you have?

Outside of actual improvements to the skill, I would also really like to see improvements to training the skill. An example off the top of my head, there could be lower skill foods available that still use delectable ingredients, but provide fewer of the benefits.

Currently, delectable food offers:
  • 100% chance to regenerate 2 Hits or 2 Stam
  • 25% chance to regenerate 2 Mana
and lower quality foods offer lower percentages, 80/20 at 110 cooking, 60/15 at GM cooking, and down toward worthless from there.

Perhaps at 80 skill, you could create food using delectable ingredients that provide 100% chance to regen only 2 hits. Then at 90, you could do only 2 stamina. At gm you could do food that only provides the 25% chance to regen 2 mana, etc.

This would still be purely worse than delectable foods as it stands, and ideally what I'd like to see is changes in quantities. If delectable food at 120 is 1 ingredient per food, then perhaps the 3 examples given above would give 3:1, so you're not simply better off saving all of your ingredients until 120 to make delectable foods.

Additionally, I'd also love to see more functionality introduced. Examples might be things like food to help with poisons (think orange petals on retail) or bleeds or disease (penicillin type thing).

Other potential options could be adding effective skill bonus foods. or producing pet food to buff pets.

Gwyrddu

Neophyte
And that monster lure would synergize with poisoning food, killing two birds with one stone by giving poisoned food a purpose other than griefing newbies, brilliant!

But yeah, just want to add that the developers did a good job giving skills new uses so they aren't ignored or only put on mules, but it's seems like they ran out of time or ideas before got to address cooking which is only useful for "crafting" food. Whether these ideas are used or not, I hope something gets added to the cooking skill to make it more interesting, it really feels like a forgotten skill right now.