What's new

needing a book for mages

and don't say the summoning book, some thing like the wepon ones we have gotten craped on for a while now others have had love why not us pvm mages
some thing like 2 things that will help pets
and 2 for bards and a mis some thing
i know ill get roasted for this but a buff on spell aspect chance (cents the change being a mage and trying to prock even with a decent chain sucks)

Last edited:

AreYouKidden

Legendary
I'll harp on you for suggesting something that will help pets - tamers have their own problems, and summoners have a summons books to address mage pets. If you want a mage book, make it for mages, to promote the pure mage, which can provide synergies to other builds with magery, but be more beneficial to the pure mage.

That said, I've suggested mage grimoires myself that are akin to Codices - the mage variation - because progression systems are fun, and mages need some love. My approach was to buff mages with the book, not all the individual builds that magery is secondary to however.

1614088355802.png

I'll harp on you for suggesting something that will help pets - tamers have their own problems, and summoners have a summons books to address mage pets. If you want a mage book, make it for mages, to promote the pure mage, which can provide synergies to other builds with magery, but be more beneficial to the pure mage.

That said, I've suggested mage grimoires myself that are akin to Codices - the mage variation - because progression systems are fun, and mages need some love. My approach was to buff mages with the book, not all the individual builds that magery is secondary to however.

View attachment 5325
that is your opininun but mace, ss, fencing, swords archery, tac, ant all reedy have some thing so yes taming should be included in what i said the tammers have been dumped on when those tammers did not go for the FOTM and stayed straight mage, and let me tell you the summing book is not a tamming book big diffence in skills. yes i am a tammer but i have been from day one on the shard for play stile for me and i have seen tammers get crap0ed on here there and every were with nerfs when i am seeing others get some love this balencing act has become way too much

i have seen whith the new codexs and see dexers take top spot dmg most of the time on omni's with a tammer mage now haveing a very hard time and i mean a really hard time on get top dmg or even braking 3rd.. I just want to beable to compeat for top dmg, i dont have the best chain but it ant shabby and i now am haveing trouble braking 3rd but mostly hit 5th or so now on dmg lists.

Last edited:

Gwyrddu

Neophyte
Look under active development in this forum and you find the testing threads which lists the future patches being tested right now for inclusion in the game. Included in this is an adjustment for mage spells and for adding "sage scrolls", which effectively is your mage book, or rather a way to specialize in a particular spell using scrolls you attach to your spell book since mages already have enough books to keep track of. Also of note is that taming is expected to be tweaked next, although I'd be surprised if they gave them books.

With that said, I agree that bards could use some love. Yeah their power level is decent in pvm, but why is there no way to customize your bard? Books would be good for that, but if somehow song books are too good for bards (or different instruments having different effects), can we at least let them customize their music? How can we have a thousand different color hues but only two bard songs? Also, why is there like no pvp benefit for bard skills? Not even defensive barding for some reasoning. I get that skills are scaled down in pvp, but it seems like bards needlessly become sitting ducks against other players.

OK, I'm done with my bard rant, but I think more can and should be done with bards than just adding defensive barding and calling it a day.

Last edited:
Look under active development in this forum and you find the testing threads which lists the future patches being tested right now for inclusion in the game. Included in this is an adjustment for mage spells and for adding "sage scrolls", which effectively is your mage book, or rather a way to specialize in a particular spell using scrolls you attach to your spell book since mages already have enough books to keep track of. Also of note is that taming is expected to be tweaked next, although I'd be surprised if they gave them books.

With that said, I agree that bards could use some love. Yeah their power level is decent in pvm, but why is there no way to customize your bard? Books would be good for that, but if somehow song books are too good for bards (or different instruments having different effects), can we at least let them customize their music? How can we have a thousand different color hues but only two bard songs? Also, why is there like no pvp benefit for bard skills? Not even defensive barding for some reasoning. I get that skills are scaled down in pvp, but it seems like bards needlessly become sitting ducks against other players.

OK, I'm done with my bard rant, but I think more can and should be done with bards than just adding defensive barding and calling it a day.
you have to find the scrolls and they run out charges if you dont find another so that is not like the books for others and yes bards need a little love too. i want some thing more permanet like the other books

Last edited:

AreYouKidden

Legendary
that is your opininun but mace, ss, fencing, swords archery, tac, ant all reedy have some thing so yes taming should be included in what i said the tammers have been dumped on when those tammers did not go for the FOTM and stayed straight mage, and let me tell you the summing book is not a tamming book big diffence in skills. yes i am a tammer but i have been from day one on the shard for play stile for me and i have seen tammers get crap0ed on here there and every were with nerfs when i am seeing others get some love this balencing act has become way too much

i have seen whith the new codexs and see dexers take top spot dmg most of the time on omni's with a tammer mage now haveing a very hard time and i mean a really hard time on get top dmg or even braking 3rd.. I just want to beable to compeat for top dmg, i dont have the best chain but it ant shabby and i now am haveing trouble braking 3rd but mostly hit 5th or so now on dmg lists.
It probably didn't come out the way I meant it - but more so - tamers have their own problems with pets - and need their own tweaks to taming as a whole, not to mage tamers specifically - and while mage tamers are weaker than dexxer tamers (sort of), the mage book dedicated to mages as a class as it should be, would actually help contribute to elevating the mage tamers slightly.. and mage bards.. barding as a whole is one of the more over powered classes it really doesn't need a path dedicated through mages.

Ultimately the tamer fix needs to come with a proper fix, in fixing tamer pets, and hell maybe they do that with a tamer book - who knows. They could do the same with bards too if people wanted a further progression game to bards. But at this point, mages are suffering the most..

It probably didn't come out the way I meant it - but more so - tamers have their own problems with pets - and need their own tweaks to taming as a whole, not to mage tamers specifically - and while mage tamers are weaker than dexxer tamers (sort of), the mage book dedicated to mages as a class as it should be, would actually help contribute to elevating the mage tamers slightly.. and mage bards.. barding as a whole is one of the more over powered classes it really doesn't need a path dedicated through mages.

Ultimately the tamer fix needs to come with a proper fix, in fixing tamer pets, and hell maybe they do that with a tamer book - who knows. They could do the same with bards too if people wanted a further progression game to bards. But at this point, mages are suffering the most..
true a book for each would give them more versataly and more options then just the power scrolls like the other books give the dexers options