What's new

New Player

Vino Lamar

Neophyte
Hello all. New player here. I played UO for years and then some freeshards. I was wondering if someone could point me to some guides on how to start and etc. i have a mage/tamer that i will start first for money then of course a pvper at some point. Do you guys have a IRC client as well for those who don't wanna talk in discord really? I think the last free shard i played was UOForever. any guides i can get pointed to for making some money while new, a taming guide and like a guide to get my stats up.

AreYouKidden

Legendary
Hello all. New player here. I played UO for years and then some freeshards. I was wondering if someone could point me to some guides on how to start and etc. i have a mage/tamer that i will start first for money then of course a pvper at some point. Do you guys have a IRC client as well for those who don't wanna talk in discord really? I think the last free shard i played was UOForever. any guides i can get pointed to for making some money while new, a taming guide and like a guide to get my stats up.
Welcome to the server! I only want to add a piece of information I wish I would have known when I first started....

If you have started investing into a PvM Character (Purchased a Mastery Chain, Aspect Suit, etc...) AND you plan to fully develop that character for end game PvM content, do not, I REPEAT, DO NOT create a second PvM character. The time (as well as cost) associated with raising and lowering skills (multiple times even.... Magery & Taming included!) is paltry compared to the time investment required for progressing a Mastery Chain.

I realize this may be a bit too in depth for a new player, but the decisions and character investments you make now could save you LOTS of time later on.