What's new

PATCH Guild and PvP Patch

I don't know if you have been on test and actually tested this stuff or not, but pets are more powerful on test with the nerfs than they are on live because of the 100% speed.
No, they're quite literally less powerful. Just a little faster. The way you talk, I thought my pets would be zipping around like speed demons when I logged onto test. But the difference was barely even noticeable.

No, they're quite literally less powerful. Just a little faster. The way you talk, I thought my pets would be zipping around like speed demons when I logged onto test. But the difference was barely even noticeable.
Were you PvM'n or fighting other players? And if other players was it in a dungeon on foot? or on mount?

For boss improvements: can people that log out of a dungeon be kicked out when they log in if it has been more than x minutes similar to a ghost?

Otherwise with the newer anti ghost/spycam stuff an entire guild of reds will just periodically hop on near boss rooms to raid.

There is a certain guild doing this, not calling them out since its part of the current rule set. However it is a major qol loophole.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Your suggestion will make all footwork around pets and target obsolete for ranged attackers. Only technique will be all follow/hamstring_allkill/dump which is already the best.

Your suggestion will make all footwork around pets and target obsolete for ranged attackers. Only technique will be all follow/hamstring_allkill/dump which is already the best.
I don't understand what you mean, because everything I have been testing is using a ranged attacking tamer with melee pets. I find its absurdly overpowered the way it is right now, so something has to be changed.

Also in regards to the hamstring thing, does that change if they are 100% speed?

First let me say I didn't test %100 speed and im not an experienced pvper, much less a pvp tamer. Probably your suggestion is insightful compared to my thinking. I also aggree -%20 dmg/ x2speed is a grand buff to tamer pvp, not even close to a nerf.

Still in my experience maneuvering around the pets, and positioning yourself and the opponent is very definitive about who dies. So if pets need to be pulled and unleashed continuosly only ranged ones will be good, or bursts with immobility, which is very similar to current situation.

My approach was the same since first pet speed change; don't meddle with speed but nerf the damage and specials to the ground if it is necessary to balance. Because if you can just walk away from pets it limits the game play too much. (decided by surrounding area or immobilizing the opponent).

But I assume you can't walk away from pets with 75% move speed. I imagine they are still pretty strong at that speed, it means anytime you stop for any duration of time they are gonna be right on you within a few seconds, as right now they are on you the moment you stop. I am fine with nerfing abilities into the ground as well. The bleed procs on some of the pets are absolutely dumb.

I don't know. I would like to personally test them with 75% and see.

Last edited:
Seems to me this pet change will be a huge buff to things like mucks or any small lower dmg 1 slot pets that can push the 10 dmg cap in PvP. I wonder for things like slugs, is the cap for each tick of the spit or the entire spit?

I don't see slotx10 dmg even with best bursts like backstab of smokes. Smoke dragon goes close to 25 but not even that. I think I saw it only once with a searing bullover's charge maxxing dmg and it was aggroed by sth like 3 mobs(it gets bonus from aggroed targets). And with delay nerf you really should evade charge easily. Its like standing on an explosion potion.

Dmg cap won't be much of a nerf imo.

One note about specials: I think they actually enrich pvp. % based ones are already so rare in pvp as it is nerfed by half. Problem is if sth like burrow happens once in a hundred, it destroys the opponent. But normally it doesnt happen much at all.

I would increase their occurance % but lower the dmg to make it less of a dice throw.

Last edited:
The pet changes are bad.

Speed is too fast and cancerous af.
No interrupting is non intuitive and just... why? This makes no sense.
Damage cap is WHOA really bad... This further pushes the usability of certain pets down.
PvP Scalar AGAIN???... Cmon guys...

Back in T2A there was no follower limitation and pets were absurd with damage, the balance was SLOW pet speed, not fast... you guys are going the 100% opposite way of right here.

I suggest...

Increase pet damage.
Use the damn PvP scalar to make lesser effective pets MORE effective.
Slow pets to walking speed at all times (I agree that there should be no speed shift whatsoever).
Un-nerf all of the special attacks.
Interrupt as normal.
And no damage caps.

Edit: Also remove pet stacking, and remove the ability for pets to push through mobs/players at will.

Please take some time to consider the long term effects of what you guys are doing here with pets. I know you are pushing awesome content like mad, but please do not let fundamentals fall by the wayside and be subject to knee jerk reactions.

Last edited:
@oroechimaru That only becomes an issue when pet's move too fast. I would also consider removing the ability for all pets to "Ghost" through things.. this is way too OP to have if pets are to be slow and strong. Pet stacking is also probably way to OP; I realize this is done for QOL while moving through dungeons/tight spaces, but I don't think its needed.

So to add two things to my wish list of changes... No more pet stacking, and no more pet ghosting (the ability to push through any mob/player at any time). I will edit the above post to include these two things.

I suggest...

Increase pet damage.
Use the damn PvP scalar to make lesser effective pets MORE effective.
Slow pets to walking speed at all times (I agree that there should be no speed shift whatsoever).
Un-nerf all of the special attacks.
Interrupt as normal.
And no damage caps.

Edit: Also remove pet stacking, and remove the ability for pets to push through mobs/players at will.
No. This is 100% opposite of the right way. Slow pets that you constantly have to stop and wait for are fucking tedious and annoying and make playing a tamer not much fun at all. Slow pets that attackers can literally stroll casually away from are depressing and annoying and make tamers sitting ducks for pks and griefers.

The fact is that currently most pets are pretty useless for pvp. The few exceptions are exceptions because of their special attacks. So nerfing the special attacks and removing interrupts while boosting pet speed to at least improve tamer QOL is a much better solution than what you propose.